- 34 min ago Mars Transit In Taurus 10 August 2022: Impact On 12 Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 08 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 6 hrs ago Amazon Great Freedom Sale 2022: Bring Home Boho Home Furnishing Items And Save Up To 70%
- 13 hrs ago Dustin Hoffman Birthday Special Irresistibly Versatile Actor Turns 85
- Movies Chahatt Khanna Reveals Why She Criticised Urfi Javed On Social Media
- Education JEE Mains Session 2 Result 2022 @jeemain.nta.nic.in; Cut off And Direct Link To Check Scorecard
- News Watch: Heartbreaking video of rhino running on a street goes viral
- Finance Syrma SGS Technology IPO To Open On August 12: Check Key Details
- Sports How Australia fielded Covid-19 positive Tahila McGrath in CWG 2022 cricket final against India? Explainer
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Hunter 350 Vs Honda CB350RS Vs Jawa 42 Vs TVS Ronin
- Technology Wordle For August 8: Hints, Clues For Today’s Impossible Wordle
- Travel Phang Nga Bay: James Bond Island
It's the season of winter weddings and it's high time we start taking wedding wardrobe seriously. So far we have covered bridal trousseau of South Indian and Maharashtrian brides and now it's time to meet our beautiful Bong ladies.
In this piece, we are going to cover the essentials of a Bong bride's trousseau. Bengali brides are famous for their simple and yet animated eyes. Bengali brides are the second most beautiful brides after Rajasthani brides. Their big fish like eyes and natural brown skin are simply beguiling.
Bong brides fall somewhere in-between Delhi brides and South Indian brides. They are not too gaudy like Delhi brides and not too simple like South Indian brides. The most highlighting feature of a Bong bride is the makeup. The kohl eyes and intricately done forehead make up with sandalwood paste is the most important aspect of a Bong bride's makeup.
The makeup brings the best out of a Bong bride's sharp features and makes her enthralling. As far as the trousseau goes, most of the things are similar to other Indian brides, but the most important thing to consider here is the cultural ethos.
Brides in Bengali culture adorn red Banarasi sarees with heavy golden border. Since red is considered as the auspicious colour in a Hindu wedding, most brides prefer to wear a red saree but pink and orange could be worn, too. So without wasting a single more minute, let's list down the essentials of a Bong bride:
The noth is a hoop nose ring; chiefly made of gold. These days most brides choose to drop the nose ring, but traditionally it was preferred.
Tikli is the headgear of a bride. It is placed at the center parting of the forehead, right above the round red bindi. In other states, a tikli is also called Maang Tikka.
Tiara Or Mukut
A Bengali bride is incomplete without her tiara. The tiara is white in colour and adorned with intricate designs. It is placed right above the tikli.
Kneer Dol Or The Earrings
Kneer Dol are the heavy gold earrings that a bride is supposed to wear with her wedding dress.
Sandalwood makeup is the most vital element of a Bong bride's wedding look. White designs are intricately done the forehead of the bride around a red bindi. Post the makeup, bride looks like some kind of a magic.
- fashion trends@ShaadiFashion: 5 Must-Haves In A South Indian Bridal Trousseau
- fashion trendsGot A Wedding To Attend In Delhi? Steal These Wardrobe Tips To Sizzle Weddings In Dilli
- fashion trendsFashionable Indian State- Himachal Pradesh And Its Gaudy Fashion
- fashion trendsThe Fashionable Indian State: Mumbaikars Love For Hipster Rags
- fashion trends5 Types Of Bengali Sarees You Can Don With Ease On Durga Puja
- fashion trendsGoa: The Town Of Pethani And Portuguese Gowns
- fashion trendsFashionable Indian State: Fashion From Uttar Pradesh - The Northern Province
- fashion trendsThe Fashionable Indian State- Delhi Has Its Unique Style Quotient Too, Check It Out
- bollywood wardrobeCalling All Fashion Aficiondos! Gujarat's Desert Queen Fashion Decoded
- fashion trendsThe Fashionable Indian State: Kashmiri Intricate Designs
- fashion trendsWest Bengal: The Land Of Alta And Red Bindis
- fashion trendsDid You Know Assam Is A Way More Fashionable State Than Fashion Capitals Of The Country?