While there is a range of outfits for women to choose from during Durga Puja, why are men left behind? It is said by none that women can be the only fashionistas.
We have categorized the trending and authentic Bengali kurta designs for men that can be worn by them for any festival, especially Durga Puja.
Motif prints are a form of block print and it is very popular among both men and women. Earlier, motif print was done just on a cotton base but now it has become trendier. Motif prints are also available on bright coloured kurtas.
Bengali kurta embroidery was cliched as it was becoming monotonous to have patterns around the neckline and the cuffs. Now, it has been modified and embroidery is done all over the body. They look really bright and make any man look extremely handsome.
Khadi kurta is, of course, the traditional handloom manufactured kurta and it looks good on men of all ages. Khadi is no more just available in pale colours. The bright coloured khadi attires are mostly popular this year of the festival.
Traditionally, Bengali zamindars or jamidars used to wear their kurta with a string attached at the side of the chest. It is also similar to the Gujarati Garba dance attires. They look very royal and also very traditional, especially when worn with traditionally pleated Bengali dhoti.
Tussar silk is a traditional form of Bengal fabric and men have been wearing tussar kurtas since ages. With innovation and modernization, these kurtas have been transformed from just plain beige colour to different bright colours. This was mainly done to make younger men to carry them in a trendier way.
Motka is similar to tussar and it is denser. Motka fabric looks really classy on men and it makes any man turn even more sophisticated. Kurtas made out of motka fabric are mainly found in beige or lighter shades.
Striped kurtas are not very new but this has become very popular this year. Stripes are already the coolest pattern of the year in fashion and they would make kurtas turn cooler and also classier. There are differnent patterns in stripes and can be worn by men of any age.
Chikankari is a kind of embroidery done on kurtas, traditionally a Lucknow style, and is mostly done with white thread on a light cotton fabric. Chikankari is very light to carry and also makes the look very classy. The base colour of the fabric is mostly in pastel shades and they can work as a good Durga Puja day wear.
- Tips That Pregnant Women Must Follow During Durga Puja
- Zamindari Bari Pujas In Kolkata
- Navratri Special: Bring Uniqueness To Your Chania Choli
- Health Benefits Of Visiting Pandals During Durga Puja
- Durga Puja: Nabami Special Designer Sarees
- Durga Puja Ashtami Special: Types Of Tant Saris
- Kumartuli: The Making Of Durga Idols In Kolkata
- Durga Puja: Saptami Special Bengal Silk Saris
- Durga Puja: Types Of Dresses For Maha Sashti
- Durga Puja Special: Haircare Tips For Five Days Of Hectic Celebration
- Durga Puja: Choose Your Panchami Style Goals
- Durga Puja: Know The Effects Of Sindoor (Vermillion) Before You Indulge In Sindoor Khela