- just now 73% Population Of Odisha Has Developed Antibodies Against COVID: ICMR Survey
- 57 min ago Karisma Kapoor Celebrates Spring Stylishly In The Fall; Posts A Cute Set Of Pictures With Randhir Kapoor
- 1 hr ago Benefits Of Pomegranate For Babies: When To Introduce And Things To Remember
- 5 hrs ago Janhvi Kapoor And Ananya Panday Flaunt Green Outfits At The Global Citizen Live 2021 Event
- Technology 5G Spectrum Auction And Launch Likely To Delay Further: Here's Why
- Movies Mollywood Actress And Dancer Sreelakshmi No More
- News Dr. Reddy's sets Guinness World Records with largest toothbrush sculpture in Navi Mumbai
- Sports IPL 2021: MI vs PBKS, Match 42 Live Updates: Mumbai Indians look to end the losing spree in UAE
- Finance Bitcoin Under Pressure as Dollar Rises In Tandem With US Treasury Yields
- Education JMI Entrance Exam Result 2021 Declared For All Courses, Check JMI Result Link
- Automobiles Toyota Yaris Discontinued In India; Toyota Belta Coming Soon
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In Karnataka in Winter
Amazon Prime Video collaborated with Pearl Academy to create modern day costume for the modern-day Cinderella. Students of Fashion Design, Fashion Styling & Image Design, Fashion Media Communication from Pearl Academy Delhi, Mumbai, Jaipur and Bangalore created the costumes for the new-age Cinderella, out of which three were chosen as the winners.
Amazon Original movie Cinderella, starring Camila Cabello in the lead, has been making all the right noises since its premiere on the streaming service. Directed by Kay Cannon, Cinderella is the modern-day retelling of the fairytale where the movie takes a feminist turn with a fresh spin to the story. The new-age Cinderella has dreams and ambitions and doesn't want to get stuck in a basement, nor a royal box. Our modern Cinderella is the embodiment of female empowerment and individuality who has "dreams that I have to chase."
It's not just Camila Cabello's Ella who is ambitious, but also represents the youth of today. Taking this thought ahead, Amazon Prime Video collaborated with the students of Pearl Academy to create Cinderella's iconic ball gown in their own different ways. The students drew inspiration from the Amazon Original movie Cinderella in which Camila Cabello, who plays a dressmaker and is keen to set up her own business. Participants were asked to retain the outfit colour of the poster and craft outfits in a way that showed strength, fearlessness and comfort. They were asked to style the outfit with a shoe for the Cinderella of today.
Out of the many that participated, the top 3 were selected unanimously. These winners were - Yin Yang Fantasy by Mahak Bhatia, Manvi Goel, and Harshit Sharma, The Astria Dress by Disha Gupta and Nishita Singhal were the first runners-up and Avyanna by Rohit Mane and Sanskriti Jha were declared the second runners-up. The winning team says that the major part of their inspiration comes from Billy Porter's Fab G. "Billy Porter's dialogue, 'Magic has its limits' stayed with us. This convinced us to create something genderless-we believe there's a Cinderella within everybody. So, we clubbed this idea with the Yin and Yang theory which is about opposite forces coming together to find a balance. Our outfits featured flowy fabrics to portray yin and structured detailing to convey Yang. Combining the two, we created an ensemble for the Cinderella we believe in today-she's strong and forges her own destiny. Our outfit also has detachable sleeps and waistcoats and pants with pockets! Accessories feature an embellished briefcase as we wanted to break the notion of it being only carried by men," said the winning team.
Written for the screen and directed by Kay Cannon with covers of songs written by some of the top-selling musical artists of all time, Cinderella has an all-star cast that includes Idina Menzel, Minnie Driver, Nicholas Galitzine, with Billy Porter and Pierce Brosnan, and is currently streaming on Amazon Prime Video.