- 1 hr ago World Photography Day 2022: Date, Theme, History, Celebrations, Significance and Activities
- 2 hrs ago Century-Old TB Vaccine Could Be Effective Against Covid-19 And Other Infections: New Study
- 2 hrs ago Hair Slugging - The Newest Beauty Trend For Healthy Hair
- 2 hrs ago 7 Times Ranveer Singh Broke Gender Stereotypes In Fashion
- Movies Krishna Janmashtami 2022: Swwapnil Joshi Recalls Playing Krishna: People Used To Come To Catch Glimpse Of Me
- Finance Buy This Debt Free Navratna Stock For Good Upside; Bonus Shares Issue On The Cards
- Automobiles Porsche 911 GT3 RS 992 Revealed With Bonkers Aero Package & 518bhp
- News Comedian Raju Srivastava’s condition worsens; he is ‘almost brain dead’, says aide
- Sports Ultimate Kho Kho preview: Odisha Juggernauts, Mumbai Khiladis look to bounce back
- Education TS Police Constable Hall Tickets 2022 Released @tslprb.in; Download TS PC Admit Cards Here
- Technology Realme TechLife Buds T100 Launched With 28 Hours Battery Life
- Travel Krishna Janmashtami 2022: Famous Lord Krishna Temples in India
FDCI India Couture Week (ICW) is back in a physical format after two years of showcasing its collection on a digital platform due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This year, the ICW is not only celebrating its physical comeback but also the 15th anniversary of its footprint in the Indian fashion industry.
The India Couture Week started on 22 July at the Taj Palace, New Delhi, and will last until the end of this month at other off-site locations like the Hyatt Regency, French Embassy and JW Marriott. There will be 13 designers showing their creations on the runway: Tarun Tahiliani, Rahul Mishra, JJ Valaya, Varun Bahl, Anju Modi, Dolly J, Siddartha Tytler, Kunal Rawal, Anamika Khanna, Falguni Shane Peacock, Rohit Gandhi, Rahul Khanna and Suneet Varma.
Suni Sethi, the chaiman of the FDCI, spoke about the 15-year journey and how these years had been the most beautiful aspect for him in creating a roadmap for India Couture Week's future.
"I think the most beautiful part of this 15-year journey for me has been to be able to create a blueprint for the future with India Couture Week. This has been a memorable journey celebrating the unique heritage we possess as a country. And this year too, we have 13 of India's leading couturiers showcasing the finest crafts, which will hold centrestage at the ten-day extravaganza."
JJ Valaya Collection
The JJ Valaya show took place on the third day of Couture Week, i.e., 24 July at the JW Marriott. He named his latest collection ALMA, which stands for soul in Spanish, as his collections were inspired by Spain.
Valaya also celebrates 30 illustrious years in the fashion industry this year. This season, his collections were all about his much-loved embroideries, plush materials, prints and graceful details.
He has combined subtleties such as design, colour and technique from all of his previous collections into this season's collection.
He had even mixed the details of his 42 previous collections into one of this current season's collections. According to Valaya, behind every wonderful bridal piece, there is a unique story that talks about the creativity and vibrant past of the collection.
Take a look at some of JJ Valaya's best collections.
Valaya is soon going to work on two Hollywood projects. He has also recently launched his flagship store in Delhi, The World Of Valaya. He is also planning to launch a jewellery line with Jagdish Jewellers in Chandigarh.
- fashion trendsFDCI ICW 2022: Rajkummar Rao Rocks Distressed Black Pantsuit For Anamika Khanna
- fashion trendsFDCI ICW 2022: Sara Ali Khan In Glittery Ensemble For Falguni And Shane Peacock
- fashion trendsFDCI India Couture Week 2022: Decoding Shilpa Shetty's Royal Bridal Look For Designer Dolly J
- fashion trendsFDCI India Couture Week 2022: Rashmika Mandanna Paints The Town Red In Magnificent Lehenga By Varun Bahl
- fashion trendsFDCI India Couture Week 2022: Malaika Arora Stuns On The Ramp For Designers Rohit Gandhi And Rahul Khanna
- bollywood wardrobeFrom Kriti Sanon To Sonam Kapoor Ahuja, Celebrity Muses At The FDCI ICW 2021
- fashion trendsICW 2021: Conventional And Unconventional Thoughts Inspired By Manish Malhotra’s Nooraniyat Collection
- fashion trendsFDCI Announces India Couture Week (ICW) 2021 Dates And List Of Designers Showcasing
- fashion trendsICW 2020: Kunal Rawal’s Wow-Worthy Latest Collection Is What Discerning Men Need
- bollywood wardrobeICW 2020: Shraddha Kapoor Stuns In Her Intricately-done Bridal Wear And On-point Jewellery
- fashion trendsICW 2020: Shantanu And Nikhil’s Collection Broadens The Prevailing Narrative Around Bridal Couture
- fashion trendsICW 2020: Reynu Taandon Introduces Her Surkh Collection For Contemporary Brides And Bridesmaids