Kal Ho Naa Ho reached another milestone today. It completed 14 years of its release and any 90s kid have watched this movie for the Nth number of times of their lives.
From the signature pose of SRK to the brilliant storyline, the movie gave each one of more than we imagine. It also gave us some major fashion goals of that period. If anyone wants to go back to see the kind of style statement that was popular almost two decades ago, one can surely watch this movie, once or more.
We from Boldsky have compiled the most then trending styles from Kal Ho Na Ho which left some real style goals for people. Designer Manish Malhotra worked his skills on the storyline based on NRI people.
If you were thinking that the one-shoulder trend is the latest one, you are highly mistaken because you might have missed on the pretty turquoise blue one-shoulder top worn by Preity Zinha in one of the songs from the movie. So, much before you started adorning the cold-shoulder trend, Manish Malhotra with Preity Zinta has already showcased it almost two decades ago.
The Casual Goals
SRK flaunted some casual goals for men and teenagers to older people adorned this trend and followed SRK's footsteps by wearing such cool, loose-fitted and neutral shaded T-shirts. The trick was also a bit cinematic as SRK's costumes were depending on his mood and situation. Whatever be the case, he looked amazing!
Embroidered Men Kurta
Style for men has always been underrated, not really for the Director Karan Johar or the designer Manish Malhotra. When it is KJo's movie, style is not just stereotyped for women. In Kal Ho Naa Ho, we saw some amazingly embroidered kurta on Shah Rukh and Saif.
Romancing With Twinning Colours
Karan Johar is the epitome of love stories in Bollywood after YRF films and this guy just knows how to portray love and create style goals for couples. In this movie with the help of Manish Malhotra, KJo made Saif and Preity wear some amazing twinning style books, like this one.
Wearing Different Shades Of The Same Colour In One Style Book
This coordination of outfit is really risky but Manish proved it to be very easy with his crisp designing. In many looks including this one, the designer created different parts of the style book with different shades of one single colour. For this look, it was different shades o pink that Preity wore and still managed to look this great.
Wide Framed Glasses
Can anyone forget the 'chashmeesh' Naina from Kal Ho Naa Ho? Well, this rectangular wide black-framed glasses that Preity Zinta carried to portray her geek look in the movie had become the style trend of the era. 90S kids would know what a crush-able style it was for any girl to carry, we suppose it is still the same.
For portraying the NRI setup, a lot of accessories has not been used in the movie except for Preity Zinta's Mehendi and Wedding Jewellery. Both the types of jewellery used for mehndi and the wedding were different but still made Preity the prettiest one.
If you have grown up in the 90s, you know how this style was a rage during that period. Just after the movie, the trench shrugs had taken up the fashion market in India and across the world. Priety wore some really beautiful trench shrugs in the movie.
If you tell us now, it seems an age-old trend but when this movie released, it was the trend-breaking style and we actually loved Preity in this blue jacket which had a furry collar. We cannot move back from the fact that there was not a single girl who did not go for this style.
Trench Blazers For Men
Trench blazers for men or women have faded from trend but in this movie, we saw some amazing collection of trench blazers donned by Saif Ali Khan. He wore these attires and we were complete spellbound.
- Shah Rukh and Gauri Khan's Warm-hued Outfits For Ganesh Chaturthi Are Simply Fabulous
- Shah Rukh Khan And Daughter Suhana Gave Us Carefree And Fun Airport Fashion Goals
- Shah Rukh Khan V/S Salman Khan: Whose Formal Suit Was More Classic?
- Shah Rukh Khan And Kapoor-Khan Ladies Surprised Us With Their Drop-Dead Gorgeous And Elegant Looks
- Aryan Khan And Khushi Kapoor Just Gave Us Distressed Denim Goals
- From Shah Rukh Khan To Sonakshi Sinha: Who Wore What At Poorna Patel's Wedding Reception
- Shah Rukh Khan's This Cool Airport Look Made Him A Million Times Hotter
- Aryan, Suhana, And AbRam Khan Just Proved That They Are The Trendiest Star Kids
- This Mother-Son Duo Were The Coolest And Most Fashionable Ever At This Grand Party
- Shah Rukh Khan And Gauri Gave Stylish Couple Goals At Akash Ambani's Pre-Engagement Party
- Wow! Suhana's Glam Style And Gauri's Sporty Look Is Making Netizens Go Crazy
- On Suhana Khan’s 18th Birthday, A Tribute To Her Trendy Style