- 20 min ago Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- 49 min ago Rana Daggubati And Miheeka Bajaj Tie The Knot And Look Resplendent In Their Outfits
- 4 hrs ago Happy Birthday Hansika Motwani: 5 Wow-Worthy Fashion Photoshoots Of The Actress That Left Us Stunned
- 6 hrs ago 8 Quick Hacks For Foundation That Is Too Dark For You
- News Kerala CM denies discrimination in providing compensation to victims of landslide and air crash
- Movies Sushant Singh Case: Father KK Singh Files Counter Affidavit Before SC Against Rhea Chakraborty
- Sports Rumour Has It: Chelsea to battle Leeds and Liverpool for Ben White
- Automobiles Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- Technology Dell Mobile Adapter Speakerphone Review: A Good Addition To Your Desk
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Is Now The World's 4th Richest; Amasses $22 Billion This Year
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
One of the country's most individualistic designers, Masaba Gupta shared throwback pictures of prominent Indian actresses on her Instagram account. She posted pictures of Sonam Kapoor Ahuja, Kareena Kapoor Khan, and Anushka Sharma in her (Masaba's) outfits on her Instagram handle. Adding to that, she also shared some interesting details. So, let's talk about the outfits of the three divas.
Sonam Kapoor Ahuja
Masaba Gupta shared a picture of Sonam Kapoor Ahuja in her polka-dotted saree, which she donned for 2011 or 12 Cannes Film Festival. The designer wasn't sure about that and wrote, "I had to begin with this Polka-Dot dhoti saree that I did for Sonam (I'm not sure if this was her first Cannes outing) but I think it was 2011-12. Rhea (Rhea Kapoor) & I conceptualized it and over a few rounds of sketches/ fabric sampling it was done." The ombré pleats were crafted out of a soft net and finished off with a gold border cut up from a Kerala cotton saree. The top half of her saree was made out of Muslin fabric. This look of Sonam Kapoor's was picked up by WWD and we thought she looked so understated and gorgeous.
Kareena Kapoor Khan
2012 was the first time Masaba dressed Kareena Kapoor Khan and the actress looked totally pretty. This saree, the designer shared, was straight off the runway and still reminds her of a lemon-grapefruit sorbet. It was a lightweight silk saree dipped in the shades of vibrant yellow and pink and the diva teamed it with a half-sleeved muslin blouse that was embellished with beaten gold work on the neck and sleeves. Kareena Kapoor also accessorised her look with a kundan-polki floral necklace, which also caught our attention. However, coming back to the saree, Masaba Gupta also wrote, "The saree went on to become one of our bestsellers for many years!"
Masaba Gupta also revealed that we hadn't done denim at all at the label and it is one of the favourite fabrics of the designer. So, in the summer of 2014-2015, the designer designed a two-piece set that consisted of a sleeveless cropped top and flared pyjamas. Holding a yellow umbrella, Anushka Sharma looked fun and fabulous in this attire, which was accentuated by white polka dots - which are again a weakness of the designer. Masaba Gupta also added, "Anushka Sharma wore it beautifully & her picture is a reminder of what I always want my clothes to be - wearable, not intimidating & classic.
So, which throwback ensemble of Masaba Gupta did you like the most? Let us know that.
Photos Credit: Masaba's Instagram