- 2 hrs ago Rani Mukerji’s Top 4 Gorgeous Sarees That You Wish You Had
- 4 hrs ago World No Tobacco Day: The Effects Of Smoking On Bone Health
- 4 hrs ago Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s Finest Traditional Moments Decoded Since The Beginning Of Her Career
- 12 hrs ago June 2020: Auspicious Dates For Buying Vehicles In This Month
- Sports AIFF to reopen office with 50 percent workforce
- Movies Exclusive: Salman Khan’s Music Composer Wajid Khan Of Sajid-Wajid In Hospital
- News Karnataka: Government issues fresh rules for inter-State travel
- Technology SpaceX, NASA Liftoff Historic Crewed Mission To ISS
- Automobiles Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Highlights From The Auto Industry Of The Week Gone By
- Finance Markets Next Week: Global Cues To Remain Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Post her movie, Om Shanti Om, Deepika Padukone became the fresh face of Bollywood. Elegant and gorgeous, the diva's fashion game also came into limelight. Apart from glittering soirées and red carpet events, Deepika kept her fashion game minimal and simple. In the beginning days of her career, let's say her fashion was more about comfort zone and dainty straightforward dresses but now with time, we see that the actress has layers to her fashion. Today, we see her fashion as more evolved and certainly more confident.
These days, the Chhapaak actress is in Davos and she was just honoured with the Crystal Award at World Economic Forum, which also had Greta Thunberg speaking about climate crisis. Post the main event, Deepika also had a conversation on stigma around mental illness with Director-General of the World Health Organization, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus. Deepika's latest outfit was bold, boss lady-ish, and black-hued. It wasn't also solely about the smart structural ensemble but the way Deepika pulled it off was impressive too. Kudos to her makeup team and stylist, Shaleena Nathani too for making the actress look extraordinary. With her present Gauchere and Prada ensemble, we could see how far she has come in the fashion department too.
There was a time, when Deepika was criticised for keeping it safe in fashion and that too by her colleagues. There was also a time, after her marriage, when she went a little quirky in fashion and people wondered whether she has been taking fashion lessons from her husband, Ranveer Singh. We saw her shift in fashion as someone, who is more sure about herself and doesn't pay much heed to unnecessary criticism. Be it with her green Giambattista Valli green voluminous dress at Cannes 2019, her Jacquemus corset and Dolce & Gabbana jeans, or her all-orange asymmetrical Aje outfit, Deepika's fashion game today reflects a departure from validation. Even in her structural ensembles there is an element of liberation!
So, speaking about her latest set of outfits in Davos, we were impressed by Deepika Padukone's wardrobe. While formal Prada ensemble and socks combination represented her experimental take on fashion, her purple Alex Perry gown was a lot to do with her understated and sophisticated perspective. And then came this black outfit, which was a cross between the comfort zone and a shift from that comfort zone too. She paired her chic white-striped pants with a crisp black jacket. The black Louboutin pumps also upped her look and the box-styled purse bag was a smart accessory. The diamond neckpiece and complementing earrings completed her look and we loved the restraint in terms of wearing jewellery. As for her makeup, the heavy winged eyeliner was balanced by pink lip shade. The neat hairdo rounded out her avatar.
With her latest ensemble, Deepika Padukone showed us her transformation in fashion.
Photo Credit: Shaleena Nathani's Instagram