- 4 hrs ago Ratan Tata, Anand Mahindra And Other Business Tycoons Who Came Foward To Fight Against Coronavirus
- 4 hrs ago Coronavirus: Fashion Brands That Are Making Masks To Support Medical Workers
- 9 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 29 March 2020
- 18 hrs ago How To Take Care Of A Patient With Suspected Or Confirmed COVID-19
- News Udupi man who committed suicide fearing having contracted coronavirus tested negative
- Sports Sunil Chhetri requests people to 'do all they can' to combat coronavirus pandemic
- Movies Kanika Kapoor Tests Coronavirus Positive For The Fourth Time, Family Members Concerned!
- Technology How to Pin a Website to Windows 10 Taskbar
- Automobiles Top Car News Of The Week: 2020 Maruti Dzire, BS6 Mahindra Bolero, BS4 Deadline, & More
- Finance RBI ‘s EMI Moratorium: Higher Interest If You Opt For EMI Break
- Travel 10 Best Family Friendly Destinations To Visit In April In India
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
Sabyasachi Mukherjee is a renowned designer who has a passion for Indian fashion. He has been selling designer ware since 1999, his label is called 'Sabyasachi. He came from humble beginnings, a middle class family in Kolkata, and went against his parents' wishes and joined NIFT. His parents couldn't look beyond an engineering career to meet their daily needs but today Sabyasachi Mukherjee has designed costumes for famous Bollywood films such as Guzaarish, Babul, Laaga Chunari Mein Daag, Raavan, English Vinglish, etc.
Image Courtesy: wedmegood
Sabyasachi's design philosophy is 'Personalized imperfection of the human hand' and he's a designer who believes that "clothes should just be an extension of one's intellect". We couldn't agree more, Mr. Mukherjee. His unusual way to using classic textiles, patch-work, embroidery, embellishments and colours to bring about an Indian Soul has mesmerised us and we never want to recover. He walks the path less taken and creates exquisite Indian bridal couture and western inspired statement pieces.
Image Courtesy: thebrowngirlguide
NDTV (New Delhi Television) is an Indian commercial broadcasting television network founded in 1988 by husband and wife Prannoy Roy and Radhika Roy. It is among India's top broadcasters and has offices and studios across the country. NDTV Good Times is the flagship channel of NDTV Lifestyle, which is owned by New Delhi Television, it was launched in 2007. We love NDTV Good Times for its quality shows and hosts. We also love NDTV Good Times because of Band Baajaa Bride!
Image Courtesy: thecrimsonbride
Sabyasachi Mukherjee and NDTV Good Times are match made in heaven. Band Baajaa Bride is a reality show that lets Indian brides get their fairy tale wedding and look like out-of-this-world beauties in Sabyasachi designs. The show is a contest, basically, and anyone can apply as long as they abide by the T&C. The programme is aired every Friday and showcases one lucky bride who has won the contest.
Image Courtesy: ndtvgoodtimes
There are various treatments, procedures and gifts lined up for the bride and she is pampered thoroughly as the big day approaches. Each and every bride is given her very own Sabyasachi couture lehenga or saree that is made to suit her tastes and features. She is given gift hampers from Lakme and Pernia's Pop-Up Shop, jewellery from some of India's best retailers and gorgeous wedding-worthy shoes from Jimmy Choo. A Rado watch with twelve diamonds encrusted is the final gift for the leading lady before she sets off to meet her groom.
Image Courtesy: wedmegood
This is show is a hot favourite among NDTV Good Times viewers. People enjoy this reality show because of the relevance it has to the Indian public. Every girl dreams of her wedding day and the whole nine yards so what better way to inspire women than to put up a show like Band Baajaa Bride? This shows us that women care a lot about what they look like on their wedding day and Sabyaschi Mukherjee is making dreams come true, one lucky bride at a time.