- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 24 September 2020
- 9 hrs ago ICW 2020: Janhvi Kapoor Unveils The Elegant Veil Look In Manish Malhotra’s Couture Movie
- 11 hrs ago ICW 2020: Falguni And Shane Peacock’s Outfits Are Exquisite But The Movie Has A Few Loopholes
- 12 hrs ago If You Have These Symptoms, Your Headache Is Not NORMAL!
- News Grossly incompetent: Donald Trump on Kamala Harris
- Education CISCE Compartment Time Table 2020 Released For ICSE And ISC Exams
- Sports Suarez joins Atletico: Thirteen trophies, 283 games and 198 goals – forward's Barca career in numbers
- Technology Best 9 Hours Battery Backup Laptops To Buy In India Under Rs. 40,000
- Movies NCB Summons TV Couple Sanam Johar & Abigail Pande; Raids Their Juhu Residence
- Finance 3 Tips To Earn Higher Interest On Fixed Deposits
- Automobiles Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Variant Details Revealed: Launch Expected Soon
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Winter In India In 2020
This time, Kangana Ranaut is not in the news because she draped a saree but because a saree was made to express support for the Manikarnika actress. Kangana, who left Mumbai amid controversy with BMC-Shiv Sena, garnered sentiments from her fans and supporters. And in order to show solidarity with the actress, a Surat-based textile businessman crafted a 'Manikarnika Saree'.
The saree features a poster from her movie, Manikarnika, where Kangana Ranaut played the role of Jhansi ki Rani, Rani Lakshmibai. Accentuated by deep red and maroon hues, the saree features the print of Kangana Ranaut decked up in heavy jewellery with a picture of Lord Ganesh in the background of the saree. The saree is also embellished with gold-toned embellished border and features the message, 'I Support Kangana Ranaut' in big bold letters in white.
Gujarat: A Surat-based textile businessman has manufactured a saree based on #KanganaRanaut, expressing support to the actor. He says, "She wanted to raise her voice to support something but her voice was suppressed and her office was demolished. So we wanted to support her." pic.twitter.com/Mq4uOdCqR6— ANI (@ANI) September 13, 2020
As per the ANI report, it is a pure crepe saree and has been manufactured by AlliA Fabrics run by textile businessmen, Chhotubhai and Rajat Dawar and the saree ranges from INR 1000 to INR 5000. According to ANI story, Rajat Dawar said, "She wanted to raise her voice to support something but her voice was suppressed and her office was demolished. So we wanted to support her."
While AlliA Fabrics wanted to show their support, it could have been deemed as a case of commercializing on an adverse situation. Adding to that, did the makers take permission since the poster from Kangana Ranaut's film was imprinted on the saree? When asked this question, the makers of the Manikarnika saree denied promoting the brand to ANI. "We have not made this saree to promote our brand in any way, but only with the motive to support her in her fight," said the businessman. What do you think about the Manikarnika Saree? Let us know that.
(With Inputs From ANI)