- 5 hrs ago Father’s Day 2021: 5 Grooming Products To Gift Your Dad And Show Him That You Care
- 6 hrs ago International Yoga Day 2021: Benefits Of Tortoise Pose Yoga And How To Do It
- 20 hrs ago Father’s Day 2021: Here’s The History And Significance Of This Day
- 22 hrs ago Milkha Singh Passes Away At 91: Some Facts About The Renowned Athlete
- News Tamil Nadu lockdown extended till June 28; travel curbs lifted in 4 districts including Chennai
- Sports WTC Final: Cheteshwar Pujara could have rotated strike better, says Dale Steyn
- Finance Want to Give Stop Payment Instruction For SBI Cheque: Here's All You Need To Know
- Automobiles Tata Motors’ Strides In The Commercial Vehicle Segment: Long Haulage With Tata Trucks
- Movies Father's Day 2021: Barkha Singh, Sharad Malhotra, Vijayendra Share Biggest Learnings They Got From Their Dads
- Technology Samsung Processor With AMD RDNA2 GPU To Launch In July
- Education International Yoga Day 2021: Try These 5 Yoga Exercises To Improve Posture While Working From Home
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Since summer is nearing, it is the season for Mangoes. Our summer special recipe for the day is the "Mango Thokku recipe". Mango is the king of fruits rich in carbohydrates, vitamins and potassium. Raw mango quenches thirst and prevents the excessive loss of sodium chloride and iron particularly during summer. Take a look at how to prepare the tangy mango thokku recipe.
Mango Thokku Recipe – Summer Special Recipe
1.1 green mango (grated)
2.1 tsp Methi powder
3.1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
4.Pinch of Turmeric
5.1 tsp Red Chili Powder
6.Salt to taste
7.Oil (preferably sesame oil)
1.Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Allow it to splutter.
2.Then add a pinch of tumeric and grated mango.
3.Add salt and chilli powder to the mango mixture and cook on simmer.
4.When the color of green mango changes and the quantity is reduced to more than half and add the remaining oil stirring for about 3-4 minutes.
5.Sprinkle methi powder and stir well for a minute more.
6.Remove the pan and set aside to cool. Tasty mango thokku ready to serve.
7.Store thokku in an air tight container.
Enjoy the delicious mango thokku with hot dosas, chapathis or even with ghee and rice.