- 21 min ago Ananya Panday Stuns In A Tarun Tahiliani’s Hand-Embroidered Lehenga And It Is Pretty Unique
- 51 min ago Pooja Hedge’s Green Velvet Manish Malhotra Lehenga Will Help You Rock Winter Wedding
- 3 hrs ago How To Get Pink Lips Naturally At Home
- 3 hrs ago Are You Pregnant? 15 Symptoms To Watch Out For
- Sports Rohit Sharma: 'Batted in Super Over for first time, I was waiting for bowler to make mistake'
- News Akali Dal will support BJP in Delhi polls: J P Nadda
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In 2020
- Finance 6 Changes To Insurance Policies Effective From 1 February
- Movies Mission Mangal Director Jagan Shakti’s Medical Expenses Being Taken Care Of By Akshay Kumar?
- Technology Google To Add Live Transcription Feature To Its Translate App
- Automobiles Toyota Fortuner BS6 Petrol And Diesel Engine Specifications Revealed
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
What is Pongal without the famous "Tamarind Gojju". Gojju is a famous south Indian side dish usually had with rice and khara pongal. Tamarind Gojju is made of tangy tamarind juice and can be preserved in an air tight container for atleast two days. Hot and savory Gojjus are best to have during this season. Take a look at how to prepare the mouth watering tamarind gojju recipe.
Tamarind Gojju Recipe -
1.1/2 Tamarind Juice
2.Curry leaves (chopped)
3.Pinch of Asafoetida
4.2-3 Green chillies
5.1 Red chilli (pinch of dry chilli flakes)
6.1 cup Water
7.1 tsp cumin and mustard seeds
8.1/2 tsp urad dal and bengal gram
9.2 tsp Jaggery - 2 tsp
10.Salt to taste
11.1 tsp oil
1. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard and cumin seeds wait until it crackles. Then add urad dal and Bengal gram to the hot oil and fry until golden brown.
2. Add chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida one after another.
3. Stir in Tamarind juice, water and jaggery. Bring it to boil and keep aside to cool. Tasty gojju ready to serve.
Serve the tamarind gojju recipe with hot pongal or rice. Finely chopped Cucumber can also be an added ingredient in Gojju.