Navratri is the festival of delicious food but many fast during the nine days of the grand occasion. Vegetables like potatoes can be made into easy side dish, taste the best and also fills stomach. Today, let's share a special Navratri fasting recipe called khuskhus aloo recipe. Quickly have a look if you want to prepare some boiled potato recipes.
(we call poppy seeds khuskhus)
Khuskhus Aloo Recipe – Best Navratri Fasting recipe
- 5-6 potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 3 tbsps oil
- Salt according to taste
- 2-3 green Chillies
- 3 red chillies (dry)
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- Finely Chopped Coriander
- 2 tbsps Khuskhus (roasted)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
This Navratri fasting recipe serves 3-4.
How To Make Khuskhus Aloo?
- Grind the roasted poppy seeds, green chillies, a teaspoon of lemon juice finely (into paste).
- Shallow fry potatoes until golden brown.
- Fry red chilies with turmeric and add the ground paste.
- Combine the golden fried potatoes into the masala and stir well with salt. Cook the potatoes for 15 minutes on simmer. Tasty khuskhus aloo ready to serve.
- Garnish the Navratri fasting recipe with chopped coriander and ghee fried cashews (optional). Serve the side dish hot.