- News Mass looting in Chicago: 100 arrested, 13 officers injured
- Movies Drishyam 2: The Mohanlal Starrer Goes Through Minor Script Changes!
- Sports Bouchard back with a win before storm halts Prague proceedings
- Technology Airtel Launches 4G High-Speed Services In Andaman And Nicobar
- Finance ICICI Bank Sets QIP Issue Floor Price At Rs 351 Per Share
- Automobiles Tata Motors Introduces Health And Hygiene Accessories For Its Customers
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Brown rice is one of the best to use if you want to lose weight quickly. This type of rice is however difficult to cook since it is thicker when compared to white rice. While cooking brown rice, keep in mind to add more water for it to cook well, so that it is soft and not chewy.
This brown rice is made with a lot of yummy vegetables like mushroom and bell peppers. These two veggies are high in protein and nutrients which is good for one's health. To prepare this yummy brown rice with mushroom recipe, keep it aside for 10 to 15 minutes as it takes a little more time to cook.
Moreover, this lunch recipe will fill your tummy so it is worth the time! Here is how you prepare brown rice with mushroom, take a look.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
You will need
- Brown Rice- 2 cup
- Green Beans- 2 tbsp (sliced)
- Green Chillies - 1 tsp (sliced)
- Salt- to taste
- Onions - 2 tsp (chopped)
- Garlic - 1 tsp (chopped)
- Bell Peppers - 2 tbsp (chopped- red and green)
- Mushroom- 4tbsp
- White Pepper Powder - 1tsp
- Olive Oil- 2tbsp
- Water- ½ liter
- In a round bottom vessel, pour a little olive oil. When it gets hot, drop in 3tbsp of the chopped onions. Add to the vessel a spoon of the chopped garlic too. Stir the ingredients and allow it to turn golden in colour.
- Now add the chopped beans and salt to the vessel. Now add in the green chillies.
- After 3 minutes, add in the chopped mushrooms and salt to taste. Saute all these ingredients over a medium flame.
- When done, add in the soaked brown rice gently into the vessel. Fry the rice with the vegetables which are now present in the vessel.
- Now add in the white chilli powder and stir.
- Add half a liter to the rice and mix all the ingredients using a flat spoon.
- Garnish the brown mushroom rice with the sliced bell peppers.
- Now cover the vessel with a lid and let it cook for 15 minutes or so.
The veggies which are present in this dish are high in proteins and fibre. They are good for weight loss and helps in digestion too.
Add correct amount of water while preparing brown rice as it needs more water to cook when compared to white rice.