- 9 hrs ago Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby Boy
- 13 hrs ago Can Ginger Help Prevent And Manage Diabetes?
- 13 hrs ago Besharam Bewaffa: Divya Khosla Kumar Flaunts Style In Different Western Outfits, Pick Your Favourite One!
- 14 hrs ago Alaya F Looks Awesome As Ever In Her Two Brand New Casual Outfits With A Formal Spin
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar December 5 Highlights: Nikki Tamboli Gets Eliminated From The House In Mid-Season Finale
- News Opposition parties extend support to Bharat Bandh by farmer unions; Protests in several states
- Sports Marc Marquez facing further treatment after infection in fracture
- Education DU 7th Cut-off 2020 Released, Check Stream-wise Cut-off At du.ac.in
- Automobiles Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- Technology Mystery Nokia Budget Smartphone Gets TENAA Certification; Might Debut Soon
- Finance Income Tax Benefits To Very Senior Citizens: Know Them
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In December
We Indians are colourful in our taste for food. That is why bland breakfast recipes do not cut any ice with the Indians. We need a little spice and crunch even in the first meal of the day. That is why, Besan ki roti is an excellent Indian breakfast dish. Besan ki roti has just the right amount of masalas to satisfy our Indian taste buds.
The beauty of Indian cuisine lies in its variety. There are several types of rotis that come under this cuisine. The type of roti we are making today is very similar to a paratha. The only difference is, it is not fried but roasted. Besan ki roti is made with besan or gram flour instead of normal all-purpose flour. But that is not all; besan ki roti is also made with lots of zesty spices. These spices are kneaded into the dough to make this breakfast recipe suitable for the Indian palate.
This breakfast recipe cooks very quickly. Even if you are a working woman, you can cook this roti in just few minutes.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Besan or gram flour- 2 cups
- All-purpose flour- ½ cup
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Amchur or dry mango powder- ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves- 2 sprigs (chopped)
- Ghee- 1tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Sieve the gram flour and all-purpose flour together.
- Add all the powdered spices namely, red chilli powder and amchur to it.
- Sprinkle salt and cumin seeds. Also add chopped coriander leaves to the flour.
- Now add 1 cup of warm water and knead a dough with all the ingredients.
- You can add the ghee at this stage or use it later to roll out the roties.
- Make small balls out of the kneaded dough that fits into your fist.
- Heat a tawa or flat pan on the gas oven.
- Roll out flat breads from the dough balls using a rolling pin.
- Roast the rotis on the steaming pan for about 1 minute on each side.
You can have masaledar besan ki roti with the pickle of your choice.