- Technology AMD Radeon RX 6800, RX 6800 XT, RX 6900 XT Launched With RDAN2 Architecture
- Movies Amitabh Bachchan On 20 Years Of Kaun Banega Crorepati: It Does Seem Like The Enactment Of A Lifetime
- Finance 5 Reasons Why This Is An Apt Time To Make Real Estate Purchase This Festive Season
- News 71.1 per cent polling for four legislative council seats in Karnataka
- Education Delhi University News: DU Vice Chancellor Yogesh Tyagi Suspended Over Allegations Of Misconduct
- Automobiles Skoda Karoq Almost Sold Out In India Confirms Zac Hollins: Here Are All Details
- Sports Rohit Sharma injury: Mumbai Indians give this important fitness update on star batsman
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In November 2020
Besan ki roti is an Indian bread popular in Rajasthan. Besan ki roti is prepared with besan, which is Bengal gram flour. It is basically ground chana dal, with which the dough is made. Ideally, besan ki roti has besan, a little wheat flour (not necessary), carom seeds, and some authentic spices like red chilli powder.
If you want to try a new variety of Indian bread for dinner, then you can prepare besan ki roti by adding an extra ingredient: fenugreek leaves. Also known as besan and methi ki roti, it is a tasty Indian bread which is quite filling. The best part about this Indian bread is that you can prepare it like a normal chapati.
Besan and Methi Ki Roti: Indian Bread Recipe
Serves: 6-7 rotis
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- Besan- 1 cup
- Fenugreek leaves- 1tbsp (chopped)
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Carom seeds- 1tsp
- Salt- a pinch
- Ghee- 2tsp
- Warm water- 1 cup
- In a bowl, mix besan with fenugreek leaves. As the leaves will leave water, do not add water immediately. Knead and see how dry the flour is.
- Add red chilli powder, carom seeds, salt and ghee.
- Pour water as much required. Knead into a dough that is not too thick or loose in consistency.
- Knead until the dough becomes soft and smooth. Warm water and ghee will make the dough soft.
- Heat a griddle or tawa. Take small balls of the dough and roll out into rotis. You can also try the traditional Rajasthani style by making a roti with your palms.
- Cook the roti on both the sides in the griddle first and then directly on the flame.
- Spread ghee on the roti. Repeat the process with the remaining dough.
Serve the besan and methi ki roti hot with a side dish.