- 6 hrs ago Nushrat Bharucha Exudes Eco-Friendly And Boss Lady Vibes In Her Green Pantsuit And We Loved It!
- 6 hrs ago Try This Easy-To-Make Raj Kachori Recipe
- 6 hrs ago Gauahar Khan And Zaid Darbar Flaunt Ethnic Outfits As Gauahar Announces Her Wedding Date
- 8 hrs ago Peppermint Tea: Health Benefits And How To Make
- News No outside person allowed to interfere in India's internal issues, says farmer leader
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 December 2 Highlights: Jasmin Is Devastated As Aly Exits House; Kavita Walks Out Leaving Everyone Shocked
- Education Career Point Star Scholarship 2020: Check Registration And Exam Pattern
- Sports India vs Australia: Switch-hit is within laws, part of game's evolution: Maxwell
- Finance Nearly 40 Small And Midcap Stock Ideas To Create Wealth In The Long Term
- Technology Excitel Revises Broadband Plans; Offering High Speed At Rs. 50
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
- Automobiles Hyundai Kona Electric SUV Recalled In India: Possible Electrical Deficiency In High-Voltage BMS
Lasooni dal is a special dal recipe that has many versions. Every version of this dal recipe is local; it changes from place to place. For example, in Mumbai Dal Lasooni is just plain toor dal garnished with minced garlic. But if you go up North in India, this vegetarian side is cooked with onions, tomatoes and cumin seeds. If you go to the coastal regions, grated coconut is added to dal lasooni. We will be talking about the North-Indian version of this dal recipe here.
Lasooni dal is cooked with three different types of dal in Northern India. The aromatic flavour given by garlic makes this minced dal a meal in itself. The best part is, you can cook it pretty quickly in a pressure cooker.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Toor dal- 1/2 cup
- Masoor dal- 1/2 cup
- Moong Dal- 1/2 cup
- Hing or Asfoetida- 1/2tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2tsp
- Green chillies- 2+2
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Dry red chillies- 2
- Onion- 1 (chopped finely)
- Tomato- 1 (chopped finely)
- Garlic pods- 12 (minced)
- Garam masla- 1/2tsp
- Oil- 1tbsp
- Ghee- 1tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
1. Wash the 3 types of dal and soak them in water for 15 minutes.
2. Transfer the dals to a pressure cooker. Add 3 cups of water, salt, 2 green chillies slit from the middle and turmeric.
3. Cook the dal in pressure cooker for the duration of 2 whistles. You can also allow it to steam for 10 minutes on low flame.
4. After the dal gets cooked, open the pressure cooker lid and add the minced garlic along with some raw oil to it. Close the lid and let it stand for 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile heat ghee in a deep bottomed pan. When it melts and steams, season it with hing, dry red chillies and cumin seeds.
6. Then add 2 chopped green chillies and onions. Saute on high flame for 2 minutes until the onions turn brown.
7. Then add the tomatoes and sprinkle a little salt to melt them. Cook for 1 minute. Then pour the cooked dal into the pan.
8. Add a little water if necessary and season with a pinch of garam masala.
You can have dal lasooni with hot roties or rice.