- 40 min ago LFW W/F 2019 Day Two: Athiya Shetty’s Black And White Sari Is So Modern Retro
- 1 hr ago LFW W/F 2019 Day 2: Beauty Highlights From The Day
- 6 hrs ago LFW W/F 2019 Day Two: Mrunal Thakur Gives Sangeet Ceremony Goals With Her Understated Attire
- 6 hrs ago 7 Habits That Can Help Couples Have An Exciting Sex Life
- News Bihar police recruitment notification for 2446 vacancies out, Bihar police jobs apply online link
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Sanjivani 2 Makes Maiden Entry In Top 5 List; Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai Drops
- Sports KPL 2019: Bijapur Bulls Vs Hubli Tigers: Mathias lands telling blows in Tigers' victory
- Technology NASA Spitzer Telescope Locates First Planet Without Atmosphere Orbiting Red Dwarf
- Automobiles Brand New Jawa Motorcycle Shows Rust On Wheel Rim And Exhaust: Customer Takes To Social Media
- Finance 5 Factors That Caused Mayhem In Indian Markets Today
- Education GPAT 2020 Will Be Held On January 24, Check Important Dates
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Summer is at its peak and the sweltering heat is sucking out all your energy. In such a situation, you must opt for the food which can get easily digested and keep your body cool.
Bottle gourd or lauki is one of the best option you can try during the summers. This vegetable contains a lot of water and gets easily digested. To do away with the bland taste of this wonder vegetable, we have come up with a unique recipe of hariyali lauki ki sabzi. Hariyali means green. This curry is green in colour because of its ingredients. It is prepared with coriander and mint leaves which add a wonderful flavour to this vegetarian recipe.
So, all those who do not like bottle gourd can give this recipe a try. We are sure you will fall in love this vegetable. Check out the recipe for hariyali lauki ki sabzi.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Bottle gourd/lauki- 1 (diced)
- Coriander leaves- 1 bunch
- Mint leaves- ½ bunch
- Green chillies- 2
- Onion paste- 2tbsp
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1tsp
- Tomato- 1 (diced)
- Garlic- 5 cloves
- Coriander powder- 1tbsp
- Chaat masala powder- 1tsp
- Garam masala powder- ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil- 2tbsp
1. Clean and wash the coriander and mint leaves thoroughly with water and then roughly chop them.
2. Grind the coriander and mint leaves with garlic cloves, green chillies, tomato into a thick paste.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. Allow it to splutter.
4. Now add the onion paste and saute it for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
5. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for another 2 minutes.
6. After that add in the lauki pieces and fry on medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
7. Then add the mint-coriander paste and mix well.
8. Add salt, coriander powder, chaat masala powder, garam masala powder and cook for 5-6 minutes.
9. As the gourd starts giving out water, cover the pan with lid and cook for 5-6 minutes on low heat.
10. Once done, switch off the flame and serve.
Tasty and healthy hariyali lauki ki sabzi is ready to be served. Enjoy this vegetarian recipe with rice or rotis.