- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 07 December 2019
- 13 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- 14 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks So Perfect In Her Stylish Black Attire At The HT Leadership Summit!
- 15 hrs ago Lakshmi Manchu's Sari Is The Vibrant Wedding Wear You Need For Your Friend's Wedding
- Movies Bigg Boss 13: Govinda’s Daughter Tina Supports Aarti Singh; Says She's Strong-headed And Friendly
- News Jobs in Rajasthan: RSMSSB Patwari Notification releases 4,207 vacancies
- Sports La Liga joint leaders Barcelona and Real Madrid back in action
- Technology Redmi K30 5G To Feature 64MP Sony IMX686 Sensor
- Finance 3 Beaten Down Shares That Can Yield Good Returns
- Automobiles KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
Summer is at its peak and the sweltering heat is sucking out all your energy. In such a situation, you must opt for the food which can get easily digested and keep your body cool.
Bottle gourd or lauki is one of the best option you can try during the summers. This vegetable contains a lot of water and gets easily digested. To do away with the bland taste of this wonder vegetable, we have come up with a unique recipe of hariyali lauki ki sabzi. Hariyali means green. This curry is green in colour because of its ingredients. It is prepared with coriander and mint leaves which add a wonderful flavour to this vegetarian recipe.
So, all those who do not like bottle gourd can give this recipe a try. We are sure you will fall in love this vegetable. Check out the recipe for hariyali lauki ki sabzi.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Bottle gourd/lauki- 1 (diced)
- Coriander leaves- 1 bunch
- Mint leaves- ½ bunch
- Green chillies- 2
- Onion paste- 2tbsp
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1tsp
- Tomato- 1 (diced)
- Garlic- 5 cloves
- Coriander powder- 1tbsp
- Chaat masala powder- 1tsp
- Garam masala powder- ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil- 2tbsp
1. Clean and wash the coriander and mint leaves thoroughly with water and then roughly chop them.
2. Grind the coriander and mint leaves with garlic cloves, green chillies, tomato into a thick paste.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. Allow it to splutter.
4. Now add the onion paste and saute it for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
5. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for another 2 minutes.
6. After that add in the lauki pieces and fry on medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
7. Then add the mint-coriander paste and mix well.
8. Add salt, coriander powder, chaat masala powder, garam masala powder and cook for 5-6 minutes.
9. As the gourd starts giving out water, cover the pan with lid and cook for 5-6 minutes on low heat.
10. Once done, switch off the flame and serve.
Tasty and healthy hariyali lauki ki sabzi is ready to be served. Enjoy this vegetarian recipe with rice or rotis.