Dal is one of the most important items in your regular cuisine. Not only does it complete your meal, but there are several health benefits of pulses. Whether it is lentils or Urad ki Dal or chana dal (Bengal grams), these items make your lunch and dinner sumptuous.
Also Read : Iron Rich Chicken Recipe With Spinach
Also Read : Palak/ Spinach Ambat: Delicious Vegetarian Recipe
Urad dal is very famous in South India, as it is used in almost all dishes for tempering. But, this urad dal with spinach recipe really tastes great and it is something different to taste all together. If you are on the mission of losing weight, this dish is perfect.
To make this easy recipe, you will need simple ingredients. And making urad dal with spinach is really very easy. So, have a look at the ingredients required and the procedure to follow.
Serves - 4
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
1. Urad Dal - 1 cup (soaked and drained)
2. Spinach - 1½ cups (finely chopped)
3. Turmeric Powder - ¼th tsp
4. Oil - 1 tbsp
5. Salt as per taste
6. Caraway Seeds - ½ tsp
7. Tomatoes - 1 cup (finely chopped)
8. Onions - 1 cup (finely chopped)
9. Green Chillies - 2 tsp (finely chopped)
10. Red Chilli Powder - ½ tsp
11. Lemon Juice - 2 tsp
1. Turn on the stove and put a deep-bottomed pan on it. Add soaked Urad dal and water, so that it gets boiled well. Add salt and turmeric powder into it and mix well.
2. When the dal boils well and soaks all the water and becomes dry, keep it aside. Now, take a pan and heat oil.
3. Add caraway seeds. When it starts spluttering, add onions and fry them until they become transparent. Now, add tomatoes, green chillies and red chilli powder and mix everything well.
4. Now, add spinach and mix it well with all the spices. You can sprinkle little water, so that tomatoes get cooked faster. Add salt and mix again.
5. Add the cooked dal into it and mix well. Pour lemon juice before taking it off.
6. Your urad dal with spinach recipe is ready to be served.