Malpua is one of the most favourite Bengali desserts and it is also offered as Naivedyam during Durga puja.
Celebrating Durga Puja will remain incomplete without having malpua and Bengalis also prepare it in the month of December, which is the month of 'Pithe-puli Utsav' or the festival of pancakes and sweet momos.
Homemade desserts always taste yummy and when it comes to malpua, you will lick your finger to enjoy the taste to the last.
Making malpua is very easy and the ingredients are quite basic as well that you can find at home. So, this Vijaya Dashami, welcome your guests with hot homemade malpua with rabdi and make them cherish the taste throughout the festive season.
Also Read: Badusha Recipe For Navratri
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 20 minutes
Preparation time - 25 minutes
- Refined flour - 1 kg
- Semolina - 400 g
- Ajwain - 1/2 tbsp
- Yellow food colour
- Milk - 2 cups
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- A few Saffron strands
- Garnish with Rabri & Pistachio
1. In a large mixing bowl, blend Refined flour, Semolina, Ajwain, Yellow food colour and Milk together to form a smooth batter.
2. Gently, pour the batter into the oil heated in a deep bottomed pan. Cook till golden brown.
3. Remove from the oil and soak it in sugar syrup for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Now to serve, place the Malpuas on a plate garnished with some Rabri and Pistachios.