Celebrating Krishna Janmashtami won’t complete without offering Dhaniya Panjiri to Lord Krishna as naivedyam. This is an aromatic sweet dish which is prepared by mixing several ingredients together.
Dhaniya Panjiri Prasad for Krishna Janmashtami is really very easy to make and you only need 15 minutes maximum to prepare this Prasad.
Do you know how to prepare Dhaniya Panjiri Prasad for Krishna Janmashtami? Actually, in regular panjiri, you use wheat flour, sugar and nuts. For Dhaniya Panjiri Prasad for Krishna Janmashtami, you can use dhaniya powder instead of wheat flour.
Dhaniya Panjiri is one of the must have naibedyam on Krishna Janmashtami. It is not only tasty but nutritious too. Dhaniya has lots of health benefits while the nuts are incredible source of vitamins and minerals.
On Janmashtami, women of many household keep fast. You need such food items to break your fast which are energetic and keep you steady. As this is a sweet dish, it keeps you active throughout the day and you can perform every ritual with fun.
If you haven’t tried Dhaniya Panjiri still now, make this nutritious sweet dish this year on Janmashtami and please little Krishna with it.
Preparation Time- 10 minutes
Cooking Time- 10 minutes
1. Coriander Seeds- 1 cup (grounded)
2. Powdered Sugar- ½ cup
3. Makhane (Puffed Lotus Seeds)- 1 cup
4. Ghee- 2 tbsp
5. Desiccated Coconut- ¼ cup
6. Mixed Nut- ½ cup (chopped)
7. Small Cardamom- 4
8. Raisins- 2 tsp
9. Char Magaz (melon seeds) - ½ tsp
1. Take a pan and heat it.
2. Pour ghee into it and roast lotus seeds, raisins and mixed nuts into it until everything becomes golden in colour. Roast well and keep aside.
3. Now roast dry coconut and keep it aside.
4. Add some more ghee into the pan and add the coarsely grounded coriander seeds.
5. Put the oven on medium flame and stir well. Stir until you get the remarkable aroma of coriander seeds.
6. Now, put off the flame.
7. Add cardamoms or you can use ¼ tsp cardamom powder to the dhaniya powder.
8. Now, add roasted mixed nuts, makhane, raisins and sugar into it.
9. Mix the panjiri well.
10. Your tasty Dhaniya Panjiri is ready to offer Lord Krishna.
Adjust sugar in this recipe according to your liking. If you want it to be richer, add khoya to make it a little bit sticky. You can add nuts as much as you want as the different tastes of cashews, almonds, walnuts, pistachios, hazel nuts, peanuts, etc. can give the recipe an incredible taste and texture.