- 22 min ago Kajol's Dupatta Is Sangeet-Perfect And Her Look Test For Tanhaji Has All Our Attention
- 31 min ago Remembering Lala Lajpat Rai On His 155th Birth Anniversary: Lesser Known Facts About Him
- 37 min ago The Forgotten Army Actress Sharvari's Latest Fashion Roundup Is A Must For All The Fashionistas
- 55 min ago 10 Body Scrubs To Get Rid Of Dry Winter Skin
- Sports 'House of Kobe': Basketball-mad Philippines mourns NBA legend
- Finance Govt To Release Report Card On ‘Smart Cities’ In June
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada Season 7 - Priyanka Shivanna Gets Eliminated
- Technology Future Apple Mac Could Be Built Using Curved Sheet Of Glass
- News Coronavirus scare: Kerala CM writes to PM seeking special flight to airlift stranded Indians
- Automobiles Renault Triber BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.99 Lakh Ex-Showroom
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Bhang is a special treat for Holi. This Indian festival of colours is incomplete without adding Bhang to the dishes. It is prepared with leaves and flowers of the female cannabis plants. You can add bhang to the chilled thandai or special Holi sweets.
Bhang ka peda is a special Indian sweet recipe that is prepared on Holi as well as Maha-Shivratri. All you need is milk powder, aromatic spices like cardamom and bhang. The blend of sugar and bhang makes it a perfect intoxicating sweet dish for Holi. Check out the Holi special sweet recipe.
Bhang ka peda, Holi sweet recipe:
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- Bhang leaves- 2tbsp
- Khoya- 1 cup
- Sugar- ½ cup
- Saffron- a few strands
- Pistachios- 2tbsp (sliced)
- Ghee- ½ cup
- Wash the bhang leaves in flowing water and remove all the dirt.
- Heat ghee in a frying pan. Gently add the washed bhang leaves into the pan and fry for 5-10 minutes on a low flame, till the bhang leaves change colour from light to dark green.
- Spread the bhang leaves on a plate.
- Meanwhile, mix khoya with sugar and knead till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add the bhang leaves in a bowl and mix with khoya.
- Make pedas with your hands. Grease with ghee to prevent the pedas from breaking.
- Garnish with saffron and pistachios. Refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
Bhang ka peda is ready to eat. Enjoy this Holi sweet.