Navratri is one of the most important festivals that is celebrated in India. And this year, Navratri begins from October 1st that falls on a Saturday.
The festival is celebrated for 10 days. On all these ten days, special recipes are prepared.
So, why don't you start this Navratri by preparing this special badam milk puri sweet recipe, which is delicious and just mouth-watering.
We're sure this recipe can bring a smile onto your child's face as well, as this recipe will most certainly be enjoyed by kids.
So, take a look at the video on how to prepare the badam milk puri recipe for Navratri.
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 25 minutes
Preparation time - 20 minutes
- Almond/Badam - 10
- Milk - 1 litre
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Saffron - Few strands
- Cardamom - 4 to 5
- Almond Essence - 2 drops
- Wheat Flour - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
1. Soak the almonds in water for an hour, remove the skin and grind it into a nice fine paste by adding a little milk.
2. Boil the milk and simmer it for a few minutes.
3.While the milk is boiling, make the dough ready for the puris to be prepared.
4. In a bowl, add wheat flour, sugar, ghee, little water and knead the flour till it becomes a little stiff. Set it aside for 15 minutes.
5. Once the milk has reduced a little, add saffron, cardamom powder (pound it fresh), crushed almonds/badam, almond essence, sugar and allow it to boil until it thickens.
6. Heat oil for deep frying the puris. Make the dough into small balls and roll out round puris. Once the puris have been fried, put them on to a plate.
7. Once the milk has thickened, turn off the stove. We can have it either hot or cold.
8. Pour the almond/badam milk over the puri while serving in a bowl or pour the mixture into the puris and relish the taste of these yummy badam milk puris for Navratri.