- Sports India’s first Global Sports Injury Conclave held in Bengaluru
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020: Massive Discounts on Budget Smartphones
- Movies Mohanlal's Ram: Prachi Tehlan's Character Is Revealed!
- News SC to hear Special Leave Petition filed by Nirbhaya's killer Pawan Kumar Gupta on Monday
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Homemade Roast Turkey Recipe
*1 turkey (about 15 lbs)
*Salt and pepper to taste
*Olive oil/melted butter
*1/2 onion (peeled and chopped)
*Bunch of celery
*Sprigs of rosemary and thyme
1.Defrost the Turkey previous night.
2.Clean the turkey well. Remove any parts like giblets, neck from the turkey.
3.Mix all spice ingredients together in a bowl.
4.Marinate the turkey from inside and outside and keep it overnight or minimum 10 to 12 hours in the refrigerator.
5.Preheat the oven to 400 degree.
6.Grease the tray in which turkey to be roasted.
7.For flavor, stuff the turkey with chopped onion, parsley, carrots, and some celery. Cap the body cavity with aluminum foil so that the stuffing doesn't come out. Tie up the turkey cavity with a metal string.
8.Rub olive oil (or butter) all over the turkey. Sprinkle salt and pepper all over the turkey.
9.Place turkey breast downwards over a roasting pan. Cooking the turkey breast down will evenly bake turkey and will not allow to over fry the turkey to brown. Also, all juices from the cooking will fall into the breast and makes it most succulent to taste. Add sprigs of thyme and rosemary on turkey.
10.Put the turkey in the oven. Start cooking at 400 F for 30 minutes. Then reduce the heat to 350 F for the next 2 hours. Then keep reducing the heat hour to hour.
11.To know if the Turkey is cooked cut the breast with a knife and see if the turkey juices are clear, not pink.
12.Remove turkey from the oven, allow it to cool for 15-20 minutes. Tasty roast Turkey recipe is ready to serve
Roasting turkey is the easiest cooking recipe. Follow the step by step procedure correctly and prepare the thanksgiving day recipe and may it be a great thanksgiving for your friends and family.