- 9 hrs ago On Taapsee Pannu’s Birthday, Her Behind-The-Scenes Candid Fashion Moments From The Sets Of Her Movies
- 10 hrs ago Friendship Day Special: How Friendships Have Evolved In The Pandemic
- 11 hrs ago Basundi Recipe: Here’s How You Can Prepare It At Home
- 1 day ago Lesser Known Facts About India's Best Shuttler, PV Sindhu
- Finance Stocks To Buy: 3 Banking Stocks With An Upside Target Of Up to 30%
- Movies Bigg Boss OTT: Makers Release New Contestant Promo, Is Karan Nath The 2nd Confirmed Contestant Of The Show?
- News PM Modi first Indian prime minister to preside over UN Security Council meeting
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Men's Hockey: India down Great Britain 3-1 to set up a semifinal clash with Belgium
- Technology Micromax In 2b Contest Alert: Answer Questions To Win Free Smartphone
- Education UP Board Result 2021: UP Board Class 10th 12th Result 2021 Declared, Check UPMSP 10th 12th Result 2021 Here
- Automobiles Car Sales Report For July 2021: Toyota Registers Over 13,000 Units In Domestic Sales
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tripura In August
Beef Sukka is basically a coastal curry from the Western coasts of India. This dry beef item is ideal as a Ramzan recipe. Sukka Beef is zesty in terms of spices and perfect for the festive occasion. Like all other coastal curries, Beef Sukka too makes use of coconut and curry leaves. The unique selling point of this dry beef recipe is that is not a water gravy.
As it is a dry beef recipe all the spices are concentrated. Needless to say that Beef Sukka would be spicier and tastier than a normal beef curry recipe. You can try this recipe for Ramzan so that you are not bored of the same old meat dishes cooked everyday. Beef Sukka would be a welcome change from the mundane items you eat everyday.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- Beef- 500 grams (cut into small pieces)
- Black peppercorns- 10
- Cinamon stick- 1 inch
- Fennel (saunf) seed- 1tsp
- Fenugreek seeds- 1tsp
- Bay leaves- 2
- Onions- 3 (2 chopped and one minced)
- Ginger garlic paste- 1tbsp
- Tomatoes- 1 (chopped)
- Green chillies- 4 (minced)
- Coconut- 1 cup (grated)
- Mustard seeds- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tbsp
- Cumin powder- 1tbsp
- Coriander powder- 1tbsp
- Curry leaves- 5
- Oil- 3tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
1. Grind the peppercorns, cinnamon stick, bay leaves, fennel seeds and fenugreek seeds together into a dry paste.
2. Add the dry powdered spices namely red chilli, cumin and coriander to this paste.
3. Pressure cook the beef with salt and water for the duration of 4 whistles over 20 minutes.
4. In a deep-bottomed pan, add a tablespoon of oil. When it heats up and crinkles, add onion paste to it.
5. When the onion paste starts turning brown (roughly 2 minutes), add grated coconut to the pan. Cook it together for 5-7 minutes on low flame and keep it aside.
6. In the same pan, add 2tbsp oil and season it with mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds pop add the chopped onions.
7. Cook for another 2 minutes and then add the ginger garlic paste. Saute the mixture on low flame for 3-4 minutes.
8. Then add the boiled meat to the pan. Stir it into the masala and cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
9. Then add the mixture of spices you blended with the chopped tomatoes. Sprinkle salt and cook for 5-7 minutes on low flame.
10. Add a cup of water if it gets too dry but make sure you increase the flame so that the water soaks up.
You can garnish the Beef Sukka with curry leaves before you serve it with boiled rice or rotis.