- 26 min ago ICW 2020: Shraddha Kapoor Stuns In Her Intricately-done Bridal Wear And On-point Jewellery
- 2 hrs ago Bhumi Pednekar Stylishly Slays In White Separates And Purple Kaftan Dress And We’re Impressed!
- 7 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 23 September 2020
- 16 hrs ago ICW 2020: Shantanu And Nikhil’s Collection Broadens The Prevailing Narrative Around Bridal Couture
- Technology AirPods Pro Ear Tips Now Available For Rs. 700; Cheapest Product On Apple Online Store India
- Finance Infosys,, MindTree, Mphasis Hit Fresh 52-Week Highs; TCS Down 2.5%
- Movies Crackdown Web Series Review: Saqib Saleem-Shriya Pilgaonkar Raise The Stakes In This Action Thriller
- News PM Modi pays tribute to Hindi poet Dinkar
- Sports MS Dhoni the finisher will resurface soon, says Chennai Super Kings coach Stephen Fleming
- Automobiles TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Launched With Super-Moto ABS: Priced At Rs 1,23,500
- Education IIT Guwahati Convocation 2020: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Addresses Students Virtually
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
There is only one day to go before Christmas. Hopefully, you have prepared everything, from decoration to selecting the menu. When it comes to the Christmas special menu, there must be something that can boost up the fun element of the Christmas dinner.
From red wine to chicken pizza, everything must have a unique touch. What about making biryani on Christmas? To make it more interesting, you could try the turkey biryani recipe.
Today, turkey meat is easily available at any supermarket. And if you have an idea of preparing biryani, making the dish is just a matter of time. So, without wasting much time, have a look at the ingredients and the method of preparing this special Turkey Biryani.
Serves - 4
Preparation Time - 20 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
1. Turkey - 1 lb (cut in small cubes)
2. Unsalted Butter - 3 tbsp
3. Basmati Rice - 2½ cup
4. Curry Powder - 2 tbsp
5. Onions - 5 (chopped)
6. Green Chillies - 10 (sliced)
7. Tomatoes - 5 (chopped)
8. Ginger Paste - 1 tbsp
9. Garlic Paste - 1½ tbsp
10. Green Cardamom - 6
11. Red Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
12. Cinnamon Stick - 2-3
13. Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
14. Chicken Broth - 2 cups
15. All Spice Powder - 1 tsp
16. Cloves - 4
17. Vegetable Oil - 3 tbsps
18. Raisins - ½ cup
19. Yogurt - ½ cup
20. Roasted cashews - ½ cup
21. Coriander Leaves - few sprigs
22. Mint Leaves - few sprigs
23. Salt to taste
24. Cilantro for flavour
Also Read: Main Course Recipes For Christmas
1. Prepare the marination for turkey in a bowl. Take yogurt, chilli powder, salt garam masala powder and coriander powder and mix turkey well with all ingredients. Keep it aside, covered.
2. Heat a pan and add butter and vegetable oil into it. Add chopped onions and sauté it until it becomes transparent. Now, add ginger and garlic paste and chopped green chillies into it. Mix well and add tomatoes.
3. Now, add coriander and mint leaves into the mixture and set aside. Then, put all these spices into the blender and grind well.
4. Again, add little butter into the pan and sauté cardamom, cinnamon and cloves into it. Mix well and add marinated turkey and the ground spice you have prepared.
5. If you are cooking it in a frying pan, you should cook turkey for 30-40 minutes to get it half cooked. In case of pressure cooker, you will need to wait for 2 whistles.
6. Wash basmati rice and mix it into the turkey. Add water into that. The ration between rice and water should be 1:2. And then, add salt.
7. Cover the pan with a lid and let it be cooked for 10-12 minutes more.
8. Once your turkey biryani is ready, top it with cashews and raisins.
9. Serve it hot.
The preparation is really unique than the conventional technique and you can prepare it quite easily. So, try it at home and make your Christmas merrier!