- 5 min ago Ram Navami 2021: Muhurta, Rituals and Significance Of This Festival
- 20 min ago Style Alert! Neha Kakkar Teams Her Favourite Green Dramatic Dress With Black Boots And It’s A Perfect Match
- 1 hr ago Chaitra Navratri 2021: Maha Ashtami Puja Muhurta, Rituals and Significance
- 1 hr ago The 10 Rules To Eating Healthy: Snacking Is Healthy, So Is Fat; Read More Here
- Technology How To Find Nearest COVID-19 Vaccination Center Using Google Maps
- Sports India Open 2021 postponed due to surge in COVID-19 cases
- News Remdesivir not a life-saving drug, does not reduce COVID-19 mortality: Govt
- Movies Varun Dhawan Pens Sweet Note For Kriti Sanon As She Wraps Up Bhediya
- Finance Banks To Be Closed On Wednesday For Ram Navami
- Education NDA Answer Key 2021 To Be Released Soon
- Automobiles Mahindra Treo Zor Electric Delivery Vehicle Sales Crosses The 1,000 Unit Mark: Here Are The Details!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In April 2021
There is only one day to go before Christmas. Hopefully, you have prepared everything, from decoration to selecting the menu. When it comes to the Christmas special menu, there must be something that can boost up the fun element of the Christmas dinner.
From red wine to chicken pizza, everything must have a unique touch. What about making biryani on Christmas? To make it more interesting, you could try the turkey biryani recipe.
Today, turkey meat is easily available at any supermarket. And if you have an idea of preparing biryani, making the dish is just a matter of time. So, without wasting much time, have a look at the ingredients and the method of preparing this special Turkey Biryani.
Serves - 4
Preparation Time - 20 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
1. Turkey - 1 lb (cut in small cubes)
2. Unsalted Butter - 3 tbsp
3. Basmati Rice - 2½ cup
4. Curry Powder - 2 tbsp
5. Onions - 5 (chopped)
6. Green Chillies - 10 (sliced)
7. Tomatoes - 5 (chopped)
8. Ginger Paste - 1 tbsp
9. Garlic Paste - 1½ tbsp
10. Green Cardamom - 6
11. Red Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
12. Cinnamon Stick - 2-3
13. Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
14. Chicken Broth - 2 cups
15. All Spice Powder - 1 tsp
16. Cloves - 4
17. Vegetable Oil - 3 tbsps
18. Raisins - ½ cup
19. Yogurt - ½ cup
20. Roasted cashews - ½ cup
21. Coriander Leaves - few sprigs
22. Mint Leaves - few sprigs
23. Salt to taste
24. Cilantro for flavour
Also Read: Main Course Recipes For Christmas
1. Prepare the marination for turkey in a bowl. Take yogurt, chilli powder, salt garam masala powder and coriander powder and mix turkey well with all ingredients. Keep it aside, covered.
2. Heat a pan and add butter and vegetable oil into it. Add chopped onions and sauté it until it becomes transparent. Now, add ginger and garlic paste and chopped green chillies into it. Mix well and add tomatoes.
3. Now, add coriander and mint leaves into the mixture and set aside. Then, put all these spices into the blender and grind well.
4. Again, add little butter into the pan and sauté cardamom, cinnamon and cloves into it. Mix well and add marinated turkey and the ground spice you have prepared.
5. If you are cooking it in a frying pan, you should cook turkey for 30-40 minutes to get it half cooked. In case of pressure cooker, you will need to wait for 2 whistles.
6. Wash basmati rice and mix it into the turkey. Add water into that. The ration between rice and water should be 1:2. And then, add salt.
7. Cover the pan with a lid and let it be cooked for 10-12 minutes more.
8. Once your turkey biryani is ready, top it with cashews and raisins.
9. Serve it hot.
The preparation is really unique than the conventional technique and you can prepare it quite easily. So, try it at home and make your Christmas merrier!