- 4 hrs ago Global Citizen Festival 2021: Billie Eilish, Coldplay, Jennifer Lopez, Ed Sheeran, Elton John To Perform
- 7 hrs ago Attending A Wedding Soon? Vidya Balan And Genelia Deshmukh Have Red Saree Goals For You!
- 8 hrs ago Importance Of Breakfast For Teenagers, What Parents Should Know And Easy Recipes
- 10 hrs ago Your Stylish Semi-Formal Fashion Goals Ft. Sonam Kapoor Ahuja And Sonakshi Sinha
- Education Schools In Maharashtra To Reopen From October 4, School Education Minister Varsha Gaikwad Announces
- Movies KBC 13: Suniel Shetty And Jackie Shroff Grace The Hot Seat, Share Some Fun Moments With Amitabh Bachchan
- News Indian PM Modi, US President Biden remember Mahatma Gandhi a week before his jayanti
- Sports After hike for domestic players, BCCI mulls revised pension for former cricketers, widows
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 India Launch Timeline Tipped; Expected Price, Features
- Finance Survey Finds Over Two-Thirds of Customers Willing To Switch To Digital Only Bank
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 1
- Automobiles Ford To Announce Settlement Packages For Its Employees; Plan To Shut Chennai Plant By 2022
There is only one day to go before Christmas. Hopefully, you have prepared everything, from decoration to selecting the menu. When it comes to the Christmas special menu, there must be something that can boost up the fun element of the Christmas dinner.
From red wine to chicken pizza, everything must have a unique touch. What about making biryani on Christmas? To make it more interesting, you could try the turkey biryani recipe.
Today, turkey meat is easily available at any supermarket. And if you have an idea of preparing biryani, making the dish is just a matter of time. So, without wasting much time, have a look at the ingredients and the method of preparing this special Turkey Biryani.
Serves - 4
Preparation Time - 20 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
1. Turkey - 1 lb (cut in small cubes)
2. Unsalted Butter - 3 tbsp
3. Basmati Rice - 2½ cup
4. Curry Powder - 2 tbsp
5. Onions - 5 (chopped)
6. Green Chillies - 10 (sliced)
7. Tomatoes - 5 (chopped)
8. Ginger Paste - 1 tbsp
9. Garlic Paste - 1½ tbsp
10. Green Cardamom - 6
11. Red Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
12. Cinnamon Stick - 2-3
13. Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
14. Chicken Broth - 2 cups
15. All Spice Powder - 1 tsp
16. Cloves - 4
17. Vegetable Oil - 3 tbsps
18. Raisins - ½ cup
19. Yogurt - ½ cup
20. Roasted cashews - ½ cup
21. Coriander Leaves - few sprigs
22. Mint Leaves - few sprigs
23. Salt to taste
24. Cilantro for flavour
Also Read: Main Course Recipes For Christmas
1. Prepare the marination for turkey in a bowl. Take yogurt, chilli powder, salt garam masala powder and coriander powder and mix turkey well with all ingredients. Keep it aside, covered.
2. Heat a pan and add butter and vegetable oil into it. Add chopped onions and sauté it until it becomes transparent. Now, add ginger and garlic paste and chopped green chillies into it. Mix well and add tomatoes.
3. Now, add coriander and mint leaves into the mixture and set aside. Then, put all these spices into the blender and grind well.
4. Again, add little butter into the pan and sauté cardamom, cinnamon and cloves into it. Mix well and add marinated turkey and the ground spice you have prepared.
5. If you are cooking it in a frying pan, you should cook turkey for 30-40 minutes to get it half cooked. In case of pressure cooker, you will need to wait for 2 whistles.
6. Wash basmati rice and mix it into the turkey. Add water into that. The ration between rice and water should be 1:2. And then, add salt.
7. Cover the pan with a lid and let it be cooked for 10-12 minutes more.
8. Once your turkey biryani is ready, top it with cashews and raisins.
9. Serve it hot.
The preparation is really unique than the conventional technique and you can prepare it quite easily. So, try it at home and make your Christmas merrier!