- 3 min ago Mouni Roy Looks Drop Dead Gorgeous In Her Shimmering Black Saree; Her Makeup Game Is Strong Too!
- 1 hr ago Happy Birthday Kriti Sanon: The 3 Stunning Saree Looks Of The Mimi Actress
- 19 hrs ago Princess Diana's Niece Lady Kitty Spencer Looks Gorgeous In Her Victorian Lace Wedding Gown
- 19 hrs ago Amazon Prime Day Sale 2021: Sunglasses, Dresses, Trousers, Luggage, Shoes - Top 20 Products On Discount!
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: NRAI to initiate assessment into India shooters' flop show in the Games
- Education JEE Advanced 2021 Update: JEE Advanced 2021 Exam Date Announced, To Be Conducted On October 3. Check Schedule
- News 'Incredible': Vijay Mallya goes on Twitter rant after being declared bankrupt
- Finance Vi Launches ‘Vi Hero Unlimited’ Plan: Check Benefits Here
- Automobiles Tata Safari 10,000 Units Production Crossed In 5 Months Of India Launch: New Milestone Achieved!
- Movies Feels Like Ishq Review: This Anthology Series Depicts Diverse And Feel-Good Shades Of Love
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3, Galaxy Z Flip3 Design Is Out
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
There are pickled recipes that are prepared using beetroot, onions, eggs, beans, carrots etc. They are healthy and can be used for more than a week. Pickled eggs are an excellent side dish that can be served with the meal. It is a low-maintenance food that is prepared by keeping hard boiled eggs in apple cider vinegar and spices for 1 day (24 hours). They can be prepared easily and doesn't require much ingredients.
Pickled eggs are a healthy dish that are filled with nutrition. If you prepare pickled eggs without using egg yolk, they can be very low in calories and fats. It has amino acids and proteins that are required by the body. If you make pickled eggs without yolk, they can be carb free. They are low in carbohydrates thus effective in aiding weight loss.
Who can miss this delicious egg recipe after knowing its health benefits? Thus here is the recipe to prepare mustard pickled eggs at home.
Mustard pickled eggs recipe:
Serves: 1 quarter jar
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes (excluding the submerging 1 day duration)
- Eggs- 6-8
- Apple cider vinegar- 2 cups
- Mustard powder- ½ tsp
- Cornstarch- 1 ½ tsp
- Ground turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- White sugar- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Boil water in a deep bottomed pan. When the water starts boiling, add eggs and hard boil them. Cover the pan with a lid and let the eggs boil for 2-5 minutes.
- Gently take the eggs from the pan and soak them in cold water after they are boiled. Take them out after they cool and slowly peel eggs shelves. Keep them aside.
- Heat a deep bottomed pan. Add mustard, cornstarch, sugar, turmeric, and salt and mix them.
- Now slowly add apple cider vinegar in the pan to make a thick paste. Stir to mix all the ingredients together. Bring it to boil. Stir at short intervals to make sure they are boiling well.
- Boil for 5 minutes and then put the pan off flame. Let is cool.
- Take a 1 quarter jar. Slowly keep the peeled eggs inside the jar and then pour the boiled cider solution.
- Close the lid of the jar and refrigerate for 24 hours. You can even refrigerate for more than 2 days to get its best flavour.
Mustard pickled eggs look yellow in colour due to the colour of mustard and turmeric. Enjoy the healthy dish to stay fit and healthy.