- 9 min ago Daily Horoscope: 22 October 2019
- 10 hrs ago 6 Fascinating Health Benefits Of Farro, The Nutrient-packed Ancient Grain
- 10 hrs ago Diwali 2019: Step-by-step Quick And Easy Traditional Make-up Tutorial To Rock This Diwali
- 11 hrs ago Diwali 2019: Budget-Friendly Items For Your Home To Attract Good Luck And Money
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Offers On Smartphones: Discounts You Shouldn't Miss
- News Haryana, Maharashtra record lowest voter turnout than in 2014
- Movies Ayushmann Khurrana Joins Hands With UNICEF To Raise His Voice Against Child S*xual Abuse
- Sports ISL 2019-20: NorthEast take a point from Bengaluru FC
- Automobiles Mercedes-Benz Luxe Drive Bangalore Edition: Here Are The Highlights
- Education Explore IBPS RRB Clerk Main Exam Analysis 2019
- Finance Sovereign Gold Bond Series VI Opens; Good Alternative To Physical Gold On Dhanteras
- Travel Hidlumane Waterfalls - How To Reach And Things To Do
Dry and flaky skin is a major problem that most people face. Peeling skin on your face can make you feel very conscious and affect your entire look. Even make-up doesn't sit well on dry skin and tend to look cakey.
Dry skin is caused due to several factors like the use of chemicals, pollution or even hormonal issues. We cannot completely cure dry skin but we can definitely prevent further damage to it. In this article, we have given a few tips on what not to do if you have dry skin.
Let us see what are some habits you should avoid if you have dry skin.
Dry skin, of course, requires more care than any other type of skin when it comes to moisturising. For any other skin type like oily or normal or even combination skin, you are allowed to skip applying moisturiser. If you are doing so with the dry skin, you should stop this practice right away. You should use a moisturising cream specially designed for your skin type.
Hot Water Bath
There's no better feeling than taking a long hot water shower. But did you know how harmful this can be for your skin especially if you have dry skin? So the next time you take a shower, do not stand for more than 10 minutes under the shower as it can wash away the natural oils of the skin. Also, try to avoid hot water bath. You can use lukewarm water if necessary.
We all know that exfoliation helps in removing the dead skin cells and brightens the tone of the skin. But you should also know that over exfoliation washes away the natural oils from the skin that will eventually make your skin dry and flaky. Exfoliating every day is not a solution to attain healthy skin. Therefore cut down your skin exfoliation to 1-2 times in a week.
Air Drying Your Skin
Air drying dry skin is not a good practice. In fact, it takes away the moisture from the skin. So always pat dry your skin if it's wet rather than air drying it. Use a soft towel to gently pat dry your face.
Toners are the best thing to use if you want a soft and supple skin but only for the skin types other than dry skin. This is because toners contain alcohol that actually dries out your skin even more. A lot of other products also have a small amount of alcohol in it so it is recommended to avoid those if you have dry skin.
Avoid Matte Or Powder Foundation
Now imagine what will happen if you apply a foundation that is capable of mattifying an already dry skin? This is what matte or powder foundation does to you. If you have dry skin stick to using only cream or liquid based foundation as it is capable of moisturising and hydrating your dry skin.