- Finance China Moots Yuan Pooling Scheme, To Counter US Dollar Dominance
- Movies Neetu Kapoor Shares Photo Of Ranbir Kapoor Proposing Alia Bhatt; The Latter Calls It Her 'Favourite Picture'
- Sports WWE Monday Night Raw results, recap and highlights: June 27, 2022
- News Maharashtra crisis: 'More than half' of rebels are in touch, claims Sanjay Raut
- Technology Doogee S98 Review: Rugged Phone That's Built For The Masses
- Education HPBOSE 10th Result 2022 Today: Steps To Check Himachal Class 10 Result, Websites To Check HP Board 10th Result
- Automobiles 2022 Kawasaki Versys 650 Launched At Rs 7.36 Lakh
- Travel Peb Fort Trek, Maharashtra - Complete Guide
In a healthy skin care routine, exfoliation holds an important role. Exfoliation - also referred to as scrubbing - is the first to-do before cleansing, toning or moisturizing your skin.
Scrubbing directly impacts blood circulation and also removes the dead and clogged skin cells. As dead skin cells get removed, the dull and lackluster texture on the first layer of the skin vanishes with a glow and spark.
However, scrubbing is not a daily activity. Depending on the skin texture and colour, it can be practiced once, twice or maximum thrice in a week.
Dermatologists and beauty enthusiasts now confirm the use of sea salt scrubs as the best way to exfoliate your skin over mass-marketed scrubbers. So, how to use sea salt scrubs on the skin?
You cannot get a handful of sea salt from the beach every day to scrub your skin. Keeping jokes apart, here are three simple easy-to-do sea salt scrub recipes that you can make at home and apply on to the skin for exfoliation.
Regular use of these sea salt scrubs will benefit your skin and the best part is, you can use it anytime you want.
Recipe 1: Seasalt Scrub With Coconut Oil
Though the name talks of only two ingredients, there is one more to it too - a few drops of any essential oil for a good fragrance.
- Sea Salt (evaporated Seawater): Sloughs off dead skin.
- Coconut Oil: Deep moisturizer with skin hydrating and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Essential oils (any flavour): Good fragrance
- 1 big bowl of sea salt
- 1/2 a big bowl of liquid coconut oil
- 10 drops of essential oil (your choice of flavour)
First mix the sea salt and coconut oil. Then, add the essential oil. Though this sea salt scrub can be preserved in the refrigerator for future use, yet the fresher you use it, the better will be the impact. During the use of the sea salt scrub with coconut oil, massage it gently all over and rinse off with lukewarm water.
Recipe 2: Rosemary And Lemon Salt Scrub
Prepared with simple ingredients, this one smells beautiful and has healing effects for the skin. An extra ingredient that you would also need is olive oil. In case of nervous disorders, the sea salt can be replaced by epsom salt or magnesium salt.
- Rosemary: With phytonutrients, antioxidants and essential acids, rosemary has therapeutic properties that purify the skin.
- Lemon: Contains Vitamin C that acts as a skin moisturizer and whitener.
- Sea salt: A coarse skin scrubber.
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 1/2 big bowl of sea salt
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 5 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- Zest of one lemon
To prepare this scrub, mix the salt, lime juice and lime zest in a clean big bowl. Once mixed, add the olive oil. Chop the rosemary springs and add it to the sea salt mixture. You can use it right after or preserve for future use. Spend 15 minutes to scrub it on your body and then, wash it off.
Recipe 3: Vitamin-E Honey Sea Salt Scrub
The direct addition of Vitamin-E capsules makes this scrub very nourishing and rich in terms of nutrient content for the skin. This one can be preserved long-term in an airtight glass jar.
- Vitamin E: Aces new cell regeneration.
- Soya oil: Powerful antioxidant that protects the skin from external damage.
- Honey: Enriched moisturizer for the skin.
- Sea Salt: The main scrubbing ingredient.
- Essential oil: For aroma and fragrance.
- 2 small cups of sea salt
- 1/3rd cup of soya oil
- Vitamin E capsules (8-10)
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey
- Few drops of essential oil
Break open the Vitamin E capsules in a glass jar or bowl. Add the soya oil and honey to make a dense preparation. Add the sea salt and stir with a spoon. This will smell a little dull; but with the addition of your preferred drops of essential oil, the aroma will change and the scrub will be ready for your use.
- wellnessSea Salt: Health Benefits, Risk Factors And Uses
- hair careBid Goodbye To Oily Hair, Try This Sea Salt Remedies
- body careDid You Know These Amazing Skin Benefits Of Dead Sea Salt?
- wellness10 Ways To Lose Hip Fat Naturally At Home
- wellness11 Home Remedies For Itching In Private Parts
- skin careHow To Detox Your Facial Skin With Sea Salt
- body careEmbarrassed Of Saggy Arm Skin? Try These Miraculous Remedies!
- body careWhy You Should Use Sea Salt & Not Sugar In A Body Scrub?
- body careThis Body Wrap Slimming Gel Can Help You Tighten Your Skin In 7 Days!
- body care8 Homemade Remedies For Healthy Glossy Nails!
- body careNavratri 2019: 12 Beauty Hacks To Go Backless This Navratri!
- body careTry These Home-made Foot Scrubs To Get Beautiful & Soft Feet