What is the best part about being a Stay-at-home Mum? You get to enjoy the finer things in life. You get to see your kids grow up into responsible adults (Not that responsible most of the time, though!!). You have time to do things you love. You also don't have a boss or don't have to meet deadlines. (Am I seeing all Working moms going Green-eyed?). But the best part about Stay-at-Home mums is their skin.
Have you even noticed these Mums have the best and flawless skin? They never suffer from skin problems and they hardly show any signs of ageing. Do you think it is because they are not exposed to the elements outside? No, they have many tasks such as dropping the kids to school and picking them up, shopping for groceries etc. Then, is it because their lives are less stressful? Do you think managing house hold chores, feeding the kids, bathing the kids, sending them to school, getting them to finish their home work and finally preparing the family's favourite meals everyday isn't stressful enough? Then, what might be their secret to beautiful skin?
Stay-at-home Mums spend most of their time in the kitchen. This is where the real magic lies. They use natural ingredients available in their kitchen to take care of their various skin problems. They do not splurge on beauty products laden with chemicals. Instead, they harness the power of nature to solve their beauty problems. You can too, get a flawless skin by going the natural way. Here are a few skin treatments that you can do at home using ingredients which are easily available in the kitchen. They are also quick and easy as we understand the value of time for busy mums.
Treatment for dark spots-
The most common problem for ladies, dark spots on the skin may be due to sun exposure, acne marks or signs of ageing. Below is a powerful lemon mask which will help lighten dark spots on your face, naturally.
-A teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
-A teaspoon of honey
-1 tablespoon almond oil
1) In a bowl, combine all of the above ingredients.
2) Apply the mixture onto the face and let it sit for 15 minutes.
3) Wash off with cold water. Repeat it at least three times a week and you will notice reduction of dark spots.
Treatment for blackheads-
If you have oily skin, those pestering blackheads may be troubling as hell. Get rid of them using this below mentioned remedy. Hello, shiny nose!
-1 egg white
-1 teaspoon of powdered oats
1) Beat the egg white until frothy.
2) Add the oats and mix well.
3) Apply this mixture onto the nose or any other area with blackheads.
4) Let it dry for 15 minutes.
5) Remove the mask with a damp cloth. Use it regularly to lessen the appearance of blackheads.
Treatment for saggy skin-
With age, our skin tends to sag. The collagen production also decreases over time which results in appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. This home-made papaya skin tightening face mask works better than any anti-ageing product available in the market. Papaya contains an enzyme called papain which is a natural remedy for skin tightening. It also contain high amount of vitamin c which is known to increase the production of collagen. Yogurt contains lactic acid which is helping to shrink pores. This pack also gives natural glow to your face.
-1/4 cup of ripe papaya
-1-2 tablespoons of rice flour
-1 teaspoon of yogurt
1) Mash the papaya in a bowl.
2) Mix the rice flour and yogurt to it.
3) Apply the mixture onto the face and wait for it to work for 15 minutes.
4) Wash off with cold water. Repeat it twice a week for best results.
Home-made multi-purpose scrub-
Exfoliating skin is a very important step in every skin care routine. It helps get rid of dead skin cells and make the skin smooth. It also encourages new cell growth and repair. This home-made lentil scrub is multipurpose as it provides many benefits other than exfoliating. It helps remove very fine hair. It improves the skin's complexion and makes it more radiant.
-1 cup masoor dal. (Split orange lentil)
-1/2 cup coconut water
-Peel of ½ an orange.
1) Soak the masoor in coconut water overnight.
2) Dry it in the sun (coconut water included) along with the orange peels.
3) After both are bone dry, grind it coarsely in a mixie jar.
4) Use this scrub regularly for face and body.
Treatment for glowing skin-
Does your skin feel tired after a long day's work? Do you have to attend an event after work and want instant fix for a glowing skin? Don't worry we are at your rescue. Here is a home-made remedy using coffee, that will your skin glowing like you just visited the salon.
-3 tablespoons of ground coffee powder
-1 teaspoon coconut oil/coconut water in case of oily skin
1) Mix both the ingredients together in a bowl.
2) Apply the mixture onto the face and leave it on for 15 minutes.
3) Wash off with cold water.