- 1 hr ago Your Classic Denim-On-Denim Edit Ft. Sanam Saeed And Mahira Khan
- 2 hrs ago Karishma Tanna Makes Us Feel Fresh And Lively With Her ‘Feel’ Printed Top; Pictures And It’s Price Inside!
- 3 hrs ago Anushka Sharma And Kalki Koechlin Give Us Cool Outfit Goals And Convince Us To Use Black And White Filter More
- 5 hrs ago Gigi Hadid Teases Fans With Her Summer-Perfect Tangerine-Yellow Eye Makeup; Copy It Now!
- News Ahmedabad: Alert staffer returns returns lost bag with USD 750 to passenger
- Movies Satish Kaushik Reveals Why He Offered To Marry Neena Gupta When She Was Pregnant With Masaba Out Of Wedlock!
- Finance Market Closing: Sensex, Nifty End Flat Amid Volatility
- Education Father’s Day 2021: Best Father’s Day Quotes, Essay And Speech Ideas
- Sports WTC Final: India vs New Zealand: Persistent drizzle washes out toss, first session at Ageas Bowl on Day 1
- Technology Amazon Mi Watch Active Quiz Answers: Win Mi Watch Revolve Active
- Travel World Picnic Day 2021: 5 Best Picnic Spots To Visit In And Around Bangalore
- Automobiles Yamaha FZ-X Launched In India At Rs 1.16 Lakh: Retro Design, Bluetooth Connectivity Available
Garlic is probably the last thing you would want to include in your beauty routine, but it is the first thing you should. Ever wondered, why in bygone days garlic was rubbed on the body, placed beside a corpse in a coffin, or worn around the neck?
These pea-sized magic pods were rubbed on the body to kill bacteria, worn around the neck for luck and placed inside the coffin to ward off evil forces. Some of its uses maybe quirky, but you cannot undermine its importance.
Also Read: Treat Wrinkles And Fine Lines With Olive Oil
While garlic's usage in rituals may or may not be effective, its usage in beauty rituals certainly is! Allicin present in garlic reduces inflammation, antioxidants get rid of age spots and packed with sulphur, garlic cloves boost hair growth.
Not just that, as it is rich in antioxidants and has anti-bacterial properties, garlic protects the skin against free radicals, kills infection causing bacteria and reduces signs of aging. With so many benefits in store, it goes without saying that garlic is the one ingredient you need to rely on for all your beauty woes.
Listed below are a few ways you can use garlic cloves to address your most persistent of beauty problems.
Treating Dry Skin
Garlic has strong amounts of antioxidants and also antibacterial properties that help to erase signs of aging and yogurt on the other hand is rich in lactic acid, which restores the skin's moisture balance.
1 Tablespoon yogurt
4 to 5 Crushed garlic
Grind garlic cloves into a fine paste and mix it with yogurt. Apply the paste on clean face. Let it rest for 15 minutes. Rinse your face with cold water and pat dry.
Getting Rid of Whitehead
Garlic can wipe out the most stubborn of whiteheads.
2 to 3 Crushed garlic cloves
1 Teaspoon oatmeal
2 or 3 Drops of tea tree oil
½ Teaspoon lemon juice
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until they blend well. Apply a thin coat of the pack on wet face. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Gently exfoliate your skin followed by a rinse with cold water. Pat dry.
Anti-fungal properties of garlic can soothe acne without leaving any scars.
2 to 3 Garlic Cloves
Crush garlic cloves and extract its juice. Dilute the juice in a cup of lukewarm water. Mix until they combine well. Immerse a cotton ball in the solution and dab it on the acne affected area. Let it remain until dry before rinsing it clean.
Crush a few garlic cloves into a fine paste. Apply the undiluted garlic paste directly on the pimple. Leave it on for a few minutes. Later, rinse your face with cold water and immediately follow it up with aloe vera gel. Aloe vera will soothe your skin, while garlic will shrink the pimple right off!
Reduce Fine Lines
The sulphur present in garlic boosts collagen production, which in turn reduces fine lines and keeps the skin supple and taut. Extract the juice from crushed garlic and store it in the refrigerator. Mix the solution in all your face masks for added goodness.
Also Read: 15 Minute Quick Remedy To Treat Pimples
Minimizing pores can eliminate most of your beauty woes.
2 Tablespoon tomato puree
3 to 4 Crushed garlic pods
Mix garlic paste and tomato puree in a bowl. Apply a thin coat on clean face and let it remain for 20 minutes. Once dry, rinse your face with cold water. Pat it dry.
Whether you apply it topically or consume it, garlic can bring about a radical difference to your skin.