- 39 min ago Janmashtami 2020: Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On This Day
- 1 hr ago National Handloom Day 2020: 7 Exquisite Handloom Sarees For Each Day In A Week
- 1 hr ago 16 House Party Outfit Ideas That Will Let You Stay Comfortable Without Giving Up On Style
- 2 hrs ago Bol Choth Vrat 2020: Date, Muhurat, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- Finance HDFC Bank Lending Rates Cut With Effect From 7 August
- Automobiles Kia Sonet SUV Unveiled Globally Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details
- Technology Acer Aspire 5 Magic Purple Edition Debuts In India Amid Rising Laptop Demands
- Movies Exclusive: Rhea Chakraborty Appears Before ED After Her Plea To Postpone Hearing Gets Rejected
- News With over 69 lakh people affected, death toll due to floods in Bihar rises to 21
- Sports CPL 2020: Team analysis: Trinbago Knight Riders: Strength, Weakness, Squad, Stars to watch, Prediction
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit Near Delhi In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
We Indians are very particular about our skin colour. Even if we belong to a tropical country, we all want to be 'fair'. That is why, sunscreen lotions and fairness creams do bustling business in India. Most parts of India get bright sunshine throughout the year. So when the tropical sun is beating down on you, it is natural to get tanned.
To avoid this suntan, you can choose natural sunscreen oils. These natural sunscreen oils are much better for sun protection as compared to artificial sunscreen creams. These oils contain SPF that helps to protect the skin from darkening. SPF basically stands for 'sun protection factor'. Some oils have natural SPF or sun protection factor in them.
You will be surprised by the sources of these natural sunscreen oil. For example, did you have any idea even the common coconut oil has SPF in it. A thorough body massage with these oils stops your skin for tanning. Most of these natural sunscreen oils also have other benefits on the skin.
Here are the 10 natural oils that protect the skin from sun damage.
Carrot Seed Oil: SPF 40
Carrot seed oil is a vegetable oil that has the maximum amount of SPF. It is also rich in antioxidants and has very good antiseptic properties.
Raspberry Seed Oil: SPF 30
Raspberry seed oil is an essential oil that is rich in both omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Apart from providing sun protection, it also helps prevent stretch marks on your skin.
Wheatgerm Oil: SPF 20
Wheatgerm oil is the third best natural oil in terms of SPF. It gives the skin Vitamin E and a boost of natural antioxidants that repairs cell damage.
Avocado Oil: SPF 15
Avocado oil has a high proportion of mono-saturated fats in it. These fats form a protective layer over the skin to prevent sun tanning.
Soya Bean Oil: SPF 10
Soyabean oil is usually used in Chinese cooking. When you use it on the skin, it is an effective moisturiser that provides sun protection as well.
Coconut Oil: SPF 8
Coconut oil is one of the most versatile natural oils. You can cook with it, apply it on your skin and hair. Coconut oil provides sun protection to your skin and also protects your hair from suffering sun damage.
Olive Oil: SPF 8
Olive oil is the healthiest oil for your heart. Even when it comes to your skin, olive oil can provide limited sun protection and unlimited antioxidants to repair cellular ageing.
Macadamia Nut Oil: SPF 6
Macadamia nuts come from the Australian continent and the its oil contain rich supplies of phosphorus, potassium and Vitamin E. It also contains a compound called cinnamic acid that contributes to the oil's SPF content.
Almond Oil: SPF 5
Almond oil has a humble SPF of 5, but it can give your skin lots in terms of nourishment. Almond oil is rich in Vitamin E that keeps your skin soft and supple.
Jojoba Oil: SPF 4
Jojoba oil has several medicinal properties on the skin. It is every effective in treating dry skin and contains myristic acid that gives your skin some amount of sun protection.