- 1 hr ago Free Oxygen on Wheels - life saving initiative of Maharaja Agrasen Hospital in association with Greenwood High
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 14 May 2021
- 12 hrs ago Ivermectin For COVID-19 Treatment: Goa Recommends Ivermectin; WHO Warns Against Use
- 17 hrs ago Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Things To Donate As Per Your Zodiac Sign
- Technology COVID-19: List Of Affordable Smartwatches With Built-in SpO2 Monitor
- Finance RBI Cancels License Of This Bank: Here's What Will Happen To Its Depositors
- News Amid COVID-19 surge, 'farmers' protest turned a few villages into hotspots: Haryana CM
- Movies Friends: The Reunion To Air On May 27; Lisa Kudrow, Courteney Cox Share First Look Teaser
- Automobiles Volkswagen T-Roc Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Deliveries Starting This Month
- Sports Chelsea vs Leicester City FA Cup Final 2021: Preview, Time in India, TV Channel & Live Streaming Details
- Education Gujarat SSC 2021 Cancelled, GSEB To Grant Mass Promotion Without Exams
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Telangana In May
Applying makeup on dry skin can be a tricky job because the makeup will not get absorbed into the skin properly. It will cling on to the dry patches of your skin and make it look flaky and all caked up.
So, before applying makeup, you'll need to make sure that your skin is makeup-ready. Not all makeup products will suit dry skin, so make sure you choose the right product.
In this article, we will give you a few tips on how to apply makeup on dry skin. Let's take a look.
Wash Your Face With A Gentle Face Wash:
Always wash your face before putting on makeup. Make sure you use a gentle face wash which is best suited for dry skin. This will help remove impurities from your skin and will also make your skin look fresh and soft.
Exfoliate Your Skin:
It is very important to exfoliate dead skin cells, as this will make your skin look dull and dry. Once the dead skin cell is removed, your skin will look clean, fresh, and soft. You can use a homemade scrub to exfoliate the dead skin cell. Coconut oil and sugar scrub is best for dry skin.
- In a bowl, add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Rub this mixture on to your face in a circular motion for 60 seconds.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
Or you can also use store-bought products as well.
Moisturize Your Skin:
Dry skin needs to be moisturized on a regular basis. Focus mostly on the driest part of your face, like the nose and spaces between the eyebrows. Make sure you use an ample amount of extra-hydrating moisturizer, as this will help to retain moisture in your skin. But don't apply it so much that your skin looks greasy.
Apply A Face Primer:
Apply a primer on your face for a smoother base. Once your skin is smooth, the makeup will stay properly on your face and will not get stuck on to the dry patches of your skin. Make sure not to apply too much of primer on your face. Just apply two to three dots and rub it on your face.
Opt For Liquid Or Cream Foundation:
Dry skin needs a lot of moisture, and it is important that you opt for a liquid or cream foundation. Liquid foundation will help moisturize your skin and prevent the makeup from settling into the dry patches of your skin. You can also use a tinted moisturizer or BB cream instead of a foundation.
Apply An Eye Primer:
Eye primer will help make your eyelid moisturized, without making it look too oily. Once your eyelids are moisturized, you will be able to apply eyeshadows and an eyeliner without any difficulty. Eye primer is often tinted and this will give your eyelids a more uniform colour.
Apply one dot of primer on both your eyelids using your fingertips.
Apply Lip Balm:
Apply a generous amount of lip balm on chapped lips. This will help keep your lips moisturized and will make it easy for you to apply lipstick or other lip products.
Apply Liquid Highlighter:
Do not use powder highlighter, as this will not stay on your skin for a long time. Apply the liquid highlighter on the bridge of your nose, top of your cheekbones, and on the center of your forehead and chin. This will give you a dewy and natural look.
Apply Liquid Foundation:
Dab a small amount of liquid foundation on your face and rub it with your fingertips or use a brush. For dry skin, it is good to use a brush, as it will be gentler than the fingers. Make sure not to press too hard with the brush. Just brush off lightly till the foundation blends into your skin.
Apply Glossy Lipstick:
Avoid using matte lipstick, as this will make your lips dry. Matte lipstick will not provide enough moisture to your lips. So, avoid using matte-finished lipstick and opt for glossy ones.
Avoid Loose Powder:
If you apply loose powder on dry skin, your skin will look dull and flaky. But if your T-zone is oily (forehead, nose, and chin), you can dab a little bit of powder in those areas. Otherwise, you can ignore this step.
Use A Setting Spray:
Setting spray helps lock your makeup in place. Avoid using a setting powder, as this will absorb the moisture in your skin and make it dry and dull. Instead, use a setting spray, as this will lock the moisture in your skin and make your skin look radiant.
Once these steps are followed, you can now apply the rest of your makeup.
Apply Eye Makeup:
Since you've already applied an eye primer, you will be able to notice that the pencil liner will glide on smoothly. If you feel that your eyelids are still dry, use a liquid eyeliner.
Before you apply your favourite lipstick, make sure that you apply a thin coat of lip balm. Avoid using matte lipsticks or long-lasting lipsticks, as these can make your lips dry. But if you like using matte lipstick, then make sure you apply a lip balm after you've applied your lipstick. This will moisturize your lips and will not make them dry.
Do A Touch-up:
Make sure you check up on your makeup after every hour. If you feel that your skin is becoming dry and flaky, apply a moisturizer. Make sure that you pat the moisturizer on the dry area. Do not rub the moisturizer, as this will remove your foundation and concealer.
Points To Keep In Mind:
- Apply your makeup in a well-lit room.
- Make sure you pat your foundation properly or else your makeup will stay on the surface of your skin.
- This will make your makeup look uneven.
- Make sure you invest on a high-quality foundation.
- Wash your makeup brushes and tools every month.
- Be careful while applying makeup around the eye, as it might get inside your eyes and cause an irritation.
- Wash your eyes with cool water immediately.