- 35 min ago Pranjal Patil, First Blind Woman IAS Officer Takes The Charge Of Sub-Collector At Thiruvananthpuram
- 1 hr ago Karwa Chauth 2019: This Karwa Chauth Spruce Up Your Look With These Stunning Hairstyles
- 2 hrs ago Happy Birthday Hema Malini: Five Times Dream Girl Inspired Us With Her Gorgeous Saris
- 2 hrs ago Esther Duflo Wins Her Nobel As An Economist And Not As Abhijit Banerjee's Wife
- Finance How To File Income Tax Related Complaints?
- Sports Igor Stimac critical of India's finishing prowess
- Technology Apple iPhone SE 2 Might Use The Latest A13 Bionic Chipset: Specifications, Price And Colors
- Movies Manju Warrier To Share Screen Space With Rajinikanth In ‘Thalaivar 168'?
- News Savarkar's sanskar basis for nation-building: PM Modi
- Automobiles 2020 Tata Nexon Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Details
- Travel 8 Romantic Getaways Near Mumbai: From Hill Sations To Beaches
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
When it comes to hair issues, hair fall and halted hair growth are one of the most common and frequent issues faced by most. Our hair needs proper care and nourishment to bloom. You can't not take care of your hair and then complaint about hair fall or thin hair.
While in certain extreme cases, you need to consult a dermatologist, fortunately, there are some amazing remedies present as near to you as your kitchen that can help replenish and rejuvenate your hair to boost hair growth. We are talking about the vegetables that are so readily available in your home.
Your hair needs essential vitamins and nutrients to remain healthy and these vegetables provide your hair those much-needed vitamins and minerals, even when applied topically, to leave you with thick, long and strong hair.
Let us now take a look at these vegetables and understand how they help to boost hair growth.
Remember how our mothers used to pester us to eat green leafy vegetables, especially spinach? Well, she wasn't wrong. Spinach is a rich source of essential nutrients like iron and magnesium and vitamins A, C and D . These not only help boost hair growth but also to maintain healthy scalp
Beetroot is packed with vitamins and minerals, and when used topically is quite effective in boosting hair growth . Vitamin C present in beetroot has great antioxidant properties and it helps to improve collagen production in the scalp to boost tackle hair loss and boost hair growth Lycopene present in the vegetable has been proven to stimulate hair growth .
Pumpkin is packed with proteins, minerals and vitamins C and E (that are strong antioxidants as well) and therefore proves to ve a great remedy stimulating hair growth. Vitamin C and zinc present in pumpkin improves collagen production to promote hair growth. Vitamin E prevents free radical damage and boosts blood circulation in the scalp to give you long and strong hair.
The soothing vegetable cucumber is a rich source of vitamins A, C and k and essential minerals such as phosphorus, magnesium, zinc and iron These not only help prevent protein loss from your hair but also nourish your scalp and leave you with thick, lustrous hair.
Onion is a wonderful ingredient to nutrify your hair. It contains essential minerals such as zinc, sulphur and iron that help improve collagen production and blood circulation in the scalp to stimulate hair growth. Study shows that when used topically onion can lead to re-growth of your hair
Here is how to use onion to nourish your hair.
Tomatoes are a rich source of vitamin C that has strong antioxidant properties and help to boost collagen production in the scalp and take out dirt and impurities from your scalp and thus helps improve hair health and growth.
7. Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are a storehouse of beta-carotene that makes it an effective and efficient remedy for maintaining a healthy scalp and boosting hair growth. Besides, it also contains vitamin C and fatty acids that are essential for healthy hair growth.
Carrot contains essential vitamins like vitamins A, C and B7 that benefit the hair excessively. They help to regulate sebum production in the scalp and thus nourish the scalp to boost healthy hair growth. Furthermore, these vitamins also help strengthen the hair and leave you with thick, lustrous and shiny tresses.
9. Curry Leaves
Curry leaves are quite a well-known remedy for preventing hair loss and promoting hair growth. The antioxidant properties and keratin present in curry leaf make it an ideal solution to give you healthy, long hair .
Garlic is an age-old home remedy for many skin and hair issues, including hair loss. It is rich in sulphur content and thus effectively nurture your scalp and boost hair growth.
-  Willimott, S. G., & Wokes, F. (1927). Vitamins A and D of Spinach.The Biochemical journal,21(4), 887–894. doi:10.1042/bj0210887
-  Almohanna, H. M., Ahmed, A. A., Tsatalis, J. P., & Tosti, A. (2019). The Role of Vitamins and Minerals in Hair Loss: A Review.Dermatology and therapy,9(1), 51–70. doi:10.1007/s13555-018-0278-6
-  Clifford, T., Howatson, G., West, D. J., & Stevenson, E. J. (2015). The potential benefits of red beetroot supplementation in health and disease.Nutrients,7(4), 2801–2822. doi:10.3390/nu7042801
-  Choi, J. S., Jung, S. K., Jeon, M. H., Moon, J. N., Moon, W. S., Ji, Y. H., ... & Wook, S. S. (2013). Effects of Lycopersicon esculentum extract on hair growth and alopecia prevention.Journal of cosmetic science,64(6), 429-443.
-  Mukherjee, P. K., Nema, N. K., Maity, N., & Sarkar, B. K. (2013). Phytochemical and therapeutic potential of cucumber.Fitoterapia,84, 227-236.
-  Sharquie, K. E., & Al‐Obaidi, H. K. (2002). Onion juice (Allium cepa L.), a new topical treatment for alopecia areata.The Journal of dermatology,29(6), 343-346.
-  Ghasemzadeh, A., Jaafar, H. Z., Rahmat, A., & Devarajan, T. (2014). Evaluation of Bioactive Compounds, Pharmaceutical Quality, and Anticancer Activity of Curry Leaf (Murraya koenigii L.).Evidence-based complementary and alternative medicine : eCAM,2014, 873803.