- 4 hrs ago Sania Mirza Talks About Marriage, Motherhood And Matches In Latest Issue Of Femina
- 5 hrs ago Saina Trailer Launch: Parineeti Chopra Exudes Confidence And Boss Lady Vibes In Her White Pantsuit
- 5 hrs ago Mercury Transit In Aquarius 2021: How It Will Affect Different Zodiac Sign
- 5 hrs ago 7 Types Of Cancer That Affect Women
- Sports Indian men’s hockey team remain undefeated; beat Great Britain 3-2 in last match of the Europe Tour
- News TN elections 2021: After DMK, AIADMK announces Rs 1,500 payout to women family heads
- Education International Women’s Day: Gender Scholars Are Calling For Recognition of Unpaid Care-Giving
- Movies Bombay Begums Web Series Review: Alankrita Shrivastava-Pooja Bhatt's Shows Celebrates A Blend Of Real Women
- Automobiles Skoda Rapid CNG Variant Coming To India: Zac Hollis Confirms 4 Product Launches In Next 12 Months
- Finance SBI vs Canara vs Kotak vs Yes Bank: Check Current Interest Rates On FD Here
- Technology Redmi Note 10 Pro Max First Sale On March 18: Should You Buy?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
No one of us has been lucky enough to escape from hair problems. Hair problems really never go away. You deal with one and there is another one coming smack right at you. When you are going through hair problems, it seems everything is working against you. That might be because your approach is wrong.
With any hair issue, we try to treat our hair. What we should be treating is our scalp. This becomes even more important when you have dry scalp. Dry scalp can lead to a ton of hair problems. Dry scalp weakens your roots and is one of the main culprits behind not only hair loss but also dandruff. It can be really frustrating if you have dry scalp. But what can be more frustrating is dealing with hair problems not knowing that your dry scalp is the cause of your hair problem.
Recommended Read: DIY Olive Oil Hair Masks To Nourish Dry Tresses
To help you, here are 5 major tell-all signs that you have dry scalp. If you are not sure whether you have dry scalp, look out for these signs. Here we go!
1. Frequent Itchiness
One of the earliest and frustrating signs of dry scalp is frequent itching. Itching in the scalp once in a while is normal, but if you find yourself itching your scalp all the time it means you have dry scalp. This is a serious sign that you must never ignore.
2. Rough And Dull Hair
The Dry scalp has a huge impact on the quality of your hair. With your scalp being dry, your roots do not get the nourishment it needs and becomes weak. So, with dry scalp, your hair becomes rough and dull, and is more prone to damage.
If your hair lacks lustre and no product seems to work to make it soft and smooth, you probably have a dry scalp condition. You must notch up your conditioner. Also, switch to a more hydrating shampoo.
Recommended Read: 5 Excellent Ways Coffee Can Help With Hair Growth
3. Redness On Scalp
Redness of the scan does not only mean dandruff. It can also be the sign of an extremely dry scalp. The friction caused on the dry scalp can lead to redness. If you see an alarming redness on the scalp, you probably have dry scalp.
4. White Flakes Are A Common Sight
The white flakes you see on your scale are not always a sign of dandruff. The dry scalp can also cause white flakes that fall off in big chunks. If you feel that your skin on your body also is itchy and flaky, it indicates that your scalp, as well as your skin, is dry. That means if white flakes are a common sight, you must first treat for a dry scalp condition before going in for the treatment of dandruff.
5. Tightness On The Scalp
How does dry skin feel? Uncomfortable and tight, right? That is exactly how a dry scalp feels. You would feel the tightness in your scalp no matter what hairstyles you do.
These are the major indicators of a dry scalp. Dry scalp is a difficult condition that can cause a ton of hair problems. Luckily, it is relatively easy to tackle in the early stages.
Now that you know how to spot a dry scalp, we hope that you take appropriate measure to treat the issue and enjoy a healthy and nourished scalp and hair. Oiling is a great way to add moisture to your scalp. Look closely at your hair products as well. Switch to more hydrating and organic products.