Oily and greasy scalp is always a nightmare for all the ladies out there. After all, smooth, silky and healthier hair adds on to one's own personality along with enhancing the beauty.
While having unclean hair can definitely cause it, greasy hair is generally the result of excess secretion of sebum by the sebaceous glands of the scalp. While some secretion is normal and should happen for a healthy scalp and hair, too much secretion creates that oily look This issue is something in common faced by most of the Indian women. But we do not realize that this can be cured if you take care of it properly.
With the right hair care routine in place, your hair too can look soft, silky and luscious. And if you want to find the remedies, the answer to it lies in your very own kitchen.
Instead of spending on ready-made products or other chemical treatments which are both harmful and expensive, you can keep in mind a few tips to get rid of oily hair.
Here are some tips for you to take care of your oily hair and scalp.
1. Shampoo Frequently
Usually, it is not recommended to wash your hair frequently, but if you have an oily hair, it is advised to wash your hair every alternate day in order to reduce the excess oil production. However, keep in mind to use mild shampoos, as washing your hair with harsh shampoos can damage your hair.
2. Wash Your Hair Thoroughly
When shampooing, ensure that you rinse your hair thoroughly. Failing to do so will leave residues in your scalp, which will increase the oil production in your hair and make your hair turn greasy. So, the next time you wash your hair, make sure that you wash off every bit of your shampoo.
3. Reduce The Use Of Conditioners
Use conditioners only at the ends of your hair, in case they have dried out. They are not recommended for oily hair, as they coat the hair. They provide moisture. This moisture only adds to the oiliness and greasiness.
4. Do Not Rub Your Scalp
Do not rub your scalp or scratch it. This may lead to the secretion of more oil by the oil glands. Also, it may result in an increase in oily dandruff to be formed. Hence, avoid rubbing your scalp vigorously, especially just after the shower.
5. Use Baby Powder
Baby powder works well in getting rid of the greasy hair. If you do not get time to wash your hair, sprinkle some baby powder on your hair. Comb your hair well and you are good to go. This helps in removing the excess oil from your hair as well as helps your hair to smell good.
6. Egg Yolk Mask
Egg yolks contain protein, which can help strengthen your hair and make your hair shinier and softer. Hence, it helps in making your hair look less greasy.
How To Use:
Beat the egg yolks and mix them with honey, tea tree oil or olive oil, apply this mix to dry hair, leaving it on for about 5 to 20 minutes. Then, wash your hair thoroughly and rinse well. You can use this remedy once in a week for faster results.
Lemon can do wonders for your hair and skin. To use it as a remedy for hair, mix the juice of two lemons with two cups of water and store it. After every wash, pat your hair dry and massage your hair and scalp using this solution and rinse thoroughly with plain water.
- Effective Face Masks For Whitening Facial Hair Naturally At Home
- Remove Acrylic Nail Paints At Home Easily With These Amazing Hacks
- Get Rid Of Pimples With These Awesome Toothpaste Hacks
- Worried About Smelly Hair? Try These Home Remedies
- Easy And Quick Hairstyles You Must Surely Try For Your Next Office Party
- Gift Yourself A Pearl Facial At Home Today Using These Tips
- Want To Treat Damaged Hair? Try Out These Amazing Hacks
- 10 Amazing Benefits Of Shea Butter You Probably Didn’t Know
- Got Sensitive Eyes & Skin? Try Out These Excellent Makeup Tips
- Make-up Ideas To Pair With Your Stunning Red Dress
- These Will Make Your Acne Worse
- Home Remedies To Dye Your Hair
- Did You Know That Eggs Can Do So Much For Your Hair?