TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Traders In Terrorists’ Clothing: Suspending LoC Trade A Much Needed Decision
- IPL 2019: RCB Vs KXIP — Highlights
- Petrol, Diesel Prices Left Unchanged As Crude Oil Price Softens Overseas
- Ather Energy Launch In Chennai: Date Revealed
- OnePlus 7 Pro Costs Shockingly Higher Than The OnePlus 6T
- Katrina Gets Extremely Emotional; Posts A Heartfelt Message
- What Is Moxibustion Therapy?
- Trip To Mirzapur
Monsoon brings with a lot of excitement, freshness, cooling, and happiness but it also means that you need to gear up for some serious hair and skin care problems. While it's not every time that managing your hair can be a challenge during monsoon, it can be a bit of a concern when it comes to hair colour.
While you do a lot of things like hot oil massages from time to time, hair spa, hair washes, and frequent hair trimming to avoid split ends, there is something that needs a bit more attention - hair colour. There is a point when you wonder - is hair colour a good choice during the monsoon? Read on to find out...
Why Does You Hair Need More Care During Monsoon
Monsoon brings with it a lot of humidity and dampness which hampers hair growth. It is that time of the year when you hair turns frizzy and your scalp gets totally greasy, making your hair look oily and full. It is the time when you hair is more prone to breakage and even worse - split ends.
The only way to avoid hair problems during monsoon is by locking its moisture and providing it with the necessary care and nourishment. You can do this at home easily by simply using home remedies that are readily available in your kitchen. These remedies are completely safe to use and do not contain any harsh chemicals that are bad for your hair.
Is Colouring Your Hair During Monsoon A Good Choice?
While hair care is of utmost importance during monsoon, hair colouring, to be specific, has got nothing to do with the rains. It does not harm your hair as such in any way. However, there are certain things that you need to keep in mind while considering hair colour during monsoon, especially if you want that colour to stay intact and for a longer period of time.
When you opt for colouring your hair - which means involving chemicals - and especially during monsoon when your hair is prone to a number of problems, you must try and avoid the usage of heat styling products as they can be really damaging. Instead, you could go for deep nourishing hair packs that will protect your hair colour and make it soft and healthy.
How To Make Deep Conditioning Hair Mask For Coloured Hair
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
How to do
- Take a bowl, peel off the avocado skin and mash it.
- Add honey to the mashed avocado and mix it well until it forms a smooth, consistent mixture
- Add olive oil to it and mix well
- Lastly, add mayonnaise to the mixture and blend well.
- Apply this pack on your scalp and hair. Ensure that you cover all your hair from roots to tips.
- Wait for half an hour
- Rinse it off using a shampoo and a conditioner. Leave your hair to air dry.
Tips To Keep In Mind While Considering Hair Colour During Monsoon
Listed below are some quick, easy to remember and follow tips on how to care for your coloured hair during monsoon:
- If you go out in the rain often, your hair colour might bleed and wash out eventually. It is, therefore, recommended that you avoid stepping into the rain.
- Whenever you feel like you cannot avoid the rains, you can simply tie your hair uptight into a bun and secure it with an elastic band. It will help to protect your hair colour.
- Another hack to protect hair colour is that you can simply dampen your hair a bit and apply some leave-in hair conditioner before stepping out in the rain. It will help to protect your hair colour from damage.