Battling with dandruff and dry scalp becomes a root cause of frizzy and rough hair. So, to eradicate hair problems from core, it is important to start with dandruff treatments such that the root cause is itself removed and thereafter the hair is taken care of.
Chemical-based dandruff solutions lead to side effects like hair fall. In that way, home remedies for dandruff come with less of side effects and cure the root cause of the problem thoroughly.
To help you out further, here is a list of sixteen easy-to-get ingredients that you can try at home on your hair, to get rid of all kinds of hair problems such as dandruff and dry scalp.
Be patient to repeat the treatment that you pick and the result will be as per what you'd desired.
- If you opt for the methi seeds remedy for dandruff, then it is an overnight process. You have to soak methi seeds in water overnight. The ratio is two tablespoons of methi seeds in half cup of water.
- Next day, strain the water, grind the methi seeds to a pack.
- Apply the methi seeds pack on your hair before shampoo and let it be for an hour.
- Wash thoroughly.
- Direct application of curd also helps to treat hair dandruff.
- Get the curd and strain it for 30 minutes to prepare hung curd.
- Massage the hung curd on your dry hair scalp and dandruff.
- Hair wash and shampoo must follow.
- If you count on the baking soda remedy for dry and dandruff-prone hair, you have to start by doing a normal hair wash.
- On the wet hair, take two tablespoons of baking soda and massage.
- Do not keep baking soda for long and you can wash off your hair again with a shampoo after a minute.
Apple Cider Vinegar
- To go for the apple cider vinegar dandruff remedy, first wet your hair.
- Next, take a small bowl of apple cider viengar, soak a cotton ball in the vinegar and apply it from the roots to the tip of your hair.
- Once the apple cider vinegar is applied all over your hair, massage and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Hair wash and shampoo must be followed.
- After shampoo, rinse your hair with an alcohol-based mouthwash.
- Do not forget to end the process with a good mild hair conditioner.
- One of the quickest, fastest and natural remedy that you can count on for dandruff problem anytime is, lemon.
- Take a lemon, cut it in the center and rub it all over your scalp such that the juice gets in.
- Once the lime massage is done, wash off your hair nicely, so that the lemon particles or seeds don't stay back.
- The only way to apply garlic directly on dry scalp and dandruff is to make a paste of it in the grinder by adding a few drops of water.
- The smell of garlic is pungent, so after applying the garlic paste on your hair, you don't need to keep it for more than 30 minutes.
- Hair wash and shampoo must follow.
- Neem can be applied in many ways on the hair; however, in case of dandruff treatment at home, you can just boil a cup of fresh neem leaves in one liter of water.
- Once the water turns dark green in colour, let it cool and strain the neem leaves out.
- Rinse your hair with this neem water to treat your dandruff problem.
- The method for applying tulsi on hair is similar to neem.
- In one deep-bottomed vessel, pour one litre of water and add a bunch of fresh tulsi leaves.
- Let the tulsi leaves and water boil, till it is green in colour.
- Let the tulsi water cool and strain it.
- Rinse your hair with this in between the shampoo and conditioning stage to cure dandruff-related problem at home.
- One of the easy-to-do home remedies for dandruff is by using salt.
- Take some dry salt and massage it all over your hair and scalp.
- Keep it for 15 minutes and go for a good hair wash.
Aloe Vera Gel
- Aloe vera gel is a must-try ingredient, especially for those whose dandruff is making the hair itchy and scratchy.
- Slit an aloe vera leaf, take the gel and apply it at the dandruff-prone areas.
- After 30 minutes, go for a good shampoo and conditioning session.
- The salicylic acid content of aspirin works on hair dandruff.
- The method to apply aspirin is, you have to crush the tablets to a powder.
- Mix this aspirin powder to your shampoo during hair wash and do let the mix rest on your hair for 2-5 minutes.
- Thorough hair wash and conditioning must be followed.
- Prepare green tea by steeping 2 green tea bags in water and boil.
- Let the tea calm down and squeeze the tea bags before removing them.
- Apply this cool green tea decoction on your hair and scalp and massage for up to 20 minutes.
- Hair wash and shampoo later.
- You will need to take two cups of fresh apple juice.
- After shampooing your hair, rinse it with the fresh apple juice.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Do your hair conditioning as usual.
- Beat 2-3 egg yolks (only) to a foam-like paste and your hair pack is ready to be used.
- Massage this egg pack all over your hair and scalp.
- Try coping with the disgusting smell because once you do the next hair wash - your dandruff will surely disappear.
- After 30 minutes, when the egg yolks are completely dry on your hair, shampoo and condition it thoroughly.
- An easy dandruff remedy and hack is to use tomato juice.
- Prepare tomato juice, strain and take it to the washroom during your bath.
- First, shampoo your hair, next rinse with the tomato juice and then condition your hair.
- How To Treat Dandruff With Listerine?
- Remedies For Dandruff On Eyelashes
- DIY Aloe Vera Hair Mask For Dandruff
- Yogurt, Honey And Lemon Hair Mask For Dandruff
- DIY Salt Enriched Hair Masks For Treating Dandruff
- How Does Mustard Oil Helps In Treating Dandruff?
- How To Treat Dandruff With Coconut Oil
- These Remedies Will Treat Dandruff Permanently
- Home Remedies To Treat Dandruff On Eyelashes And Eyebrows Instantly
- 10 Hacks To Fight Dandruff Using Neem Oil
- Essential Oils That Can Help You Get Rid Of Dandruff
- How To Use Onion Juice To Banish Dandruff