- 24 hrs ago How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- 1 day ago Intensive Blood Pressure Management At 50 Likely To Preserve Brain Health
- 1 day ago Alia Bhatt Keeps It Chic And Sassy For The Prada Song Launch
- 1 day ago Real Stories Of Monogamous Couples: When And Why They Chose to Be Monogamous
- Technology These Lucrative Amazon Offers On Vivo Smartphones Will Make You Want To Buy One
- Movies Prabhas & Shraddha Kapoor Remind Us Of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan-Ranbir Kapoor & Salman-Katrina Kaif
- News Flood alert for Delhi as Yamuna likely to cross danger mark today
- Sports Ashes 2019: Labuschagne steps up in Smith's absence as Australia survive Archer onslaught for Lord's draw
- Automobiles Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Your skin is an important part of your body and needs pampering from time to time. And, what could be better than treating it to the goodness of some amazing bath salts once a while? When we talk about bath salts, most of us immediately think about those exquisite and expensive spas where skin care and body care has a whole new approach.
But, did you know you can treat your body lavishly at home too using bath salts? In fact, you can even make a homemade bath salt at home and experience the feeling of a spa in an amazingly cost-effective way.
But before that, one needs to understand what are bath salts, what are the benefits of using bath salts, and the ways to include them in your body care routine.
What Are Bath Salts?
Originally derived from the ocean, natural bath salts contain a lot of rich minerals that are beneficial for your skin. However, today, a number of bath salts are produced commercially which often lack in some healing properties, but are nonetheless good for your skin & body.
A bath salt is a water-soluble crystalline substance that is usually mixed with your bath water while bathing. Bath salts are designed to loosen your muscles and stiff joints. They have a number of cosmetic benefits to offer.
Benefits Of Bath Salts
Listed below are some amazing benefits of bath salts and the reasons why they deserve a place in your body care routine.
Using bath salts over a period of time gives you a glowing skin. They contain essential nutrients like magnesium, potassium, calcium, bromide, as well as sodium that help to wash off the impurities from your skin, thus leaving it soft, supple, and glowing.
Relief from sore muscles
If you have stiff joints or sore body muscles, you can very well resort to using bath salts without giving it a second thought. They act on your rigid muscles and help in treating soreness.
An amazing benefit of using bath salt for your body care is that it helps to slow down the process of ageing. Continuous and prolonged use of bath salts gives you a youthful skin. It also reduces pores on your skin and minimizes fine lines.
How To Include Bath Salts In Your Body Care Routine?
There are several ways in which you can include bath salts in your body care routine, some of which are mentioned below:
You can simply fill your bathtub with warm water and just dump a handful of bath salts in it. Let it settle down and bubble up a bit before you enter the bathtub. Relax and enjoy your bath while the salts do their work and rejuvenate your body.
Take a handful of fine-grain bath salt and mix it with some water until it forms a paste. Scrub your body with this paste for a few minutes and let its aroma spread before you step into the shower and treat yourself to the goodness of aromatic bath salt.
A foot scrub
You can take a bowl filled with warm water and add some Epsom salt to it. Soak your feet in the water and relax for 15-20 minutes. Epsom salt will work wonders on your tired feet and help them relax. It also works the best for cracked heels, toenail fungus, and dry feet.
Tips To Remember While Using Bath Salts
- Do not overuse bath salts as overusing them can cause dryness.
- Bath salts come in various colours - so if you have a liking for a particular colour, check if it is available in bath salt form and buy it.
- If you have open wounds, avoid using bath salts.
- If you are shaving your body or have just shaved, stay out of using bath salts for some time.
- Store bath salts in a cool and dry place and avoid keeping them anywhere in the bathroom.