- 6 hrs ago A 12-Year-Old Colour-Blind Boy Gets Emotional After He Sees Colours For The First Time
- 9 hrs ago Hina Khan’s Mesmerising Blue Eye Make-up Is All You Need To Slay This Holiday Season
- 10 hrs ago Rasika Dugal's Black Outfit Can Easily Elevate Your Formal Look
- 11 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Trends Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor & More
- Movies Miss World 2019: Miss Jamaica Toni-Ann Singh Wins The Crown; India's Suman Rao Is The 2nd Runner Up!
- Sports West Indies built credibility with T20 performance against India, will be a force to reckon with during WC: Brian Lara
- Technology Micromax Revenue From Sales Fall 45% To Rs. 2,368.79 Crore In FY19: Report
- News CAB protest: Violence in WB; curfew relaxed in parts of Assam, Meghalaya
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Stretch marks affect almost all women, and no it does not mean you are overweight. Stretch marks can occur due to many reasons, like hormonal imbalances, sudden and extreme weight gain or loss, puberty and, of course, pregnancy. It is nothing to worry about. Some stretch marks may be itchy at first, but they are mostly harmless. There are home remedies you could try out to deal with stretch marks.
Stretch marks usually start as red or purple marks and then slowly fade away to silver or closer to the skin tone. It is impossible to actually heal stretch marks, no matter how many creams claim to do so. It is actually a tear in the epidermis of the skin, that is, below the surface of the skin.
So healing something under the skin by using a cream over the skin seems unlikely to have strong results, but home remedies for stretch marks can really help reduce the redness in new stretch marks.
Here are a few ingredients and ways to use them to get rid of stretch marks naturally at home. And the earlier you use these tricks, the better they'll work. So for best results start using these on new stretch marks.
Here's a list of the best natural ingredients known to be effective on stretch marks.
Burst vitamin E capsules and use the oil from the capsules over the areas. Massage till it gets absorbed completely. Vitamin E stimulates cell production and boosts collagen too. This helps it fade away new stretch mark scars.
Aloe Vera Gel
Apply natural aloe vera gel on the scars to provide moisture. It is a good source of moisture and gets absorbed into the skin easily. It also provides relief on itchy scars. It is a great home remedy to get rid of stretch marks.
Castor oil is one of the richest oils and can penetrate deep into the skin tissue. This makes it one of the only things that works on stretch marks. It also helps moisturise flaking skin, thereby reducing the itch.
Olive oil is another extremely moisturising oil that can penetrate into the skin, although not as deep as castor oil can. Olive oil contains vitamin E, which is great for a host of skin problems, especially for repairing scars.
Cocoa butter is an active ingredient found in many creams and body butters. It is a natural fat derived from cocoa beans which melt at room temperature, making it ideal for deep penetration into the skin, which in turn helps with stretch marks, because stretch marks need deep nourishment.
Any skincare article seems incomplete without coconut oil. Coconut oil is one of the richest oils for moisturising the scalp and the skin. It is best for severely dry skin. It helps heal new stretch mark scars by providing moisture and preventing the skin from tearing further.
Potato juice is rich in minerals and vitamins that help restore skin cells, giving way to newer skin cells.
Egg whites are really rich in proteins and amino acids. Use a brush to apply egg whites to the scars and leave it on for five to ten minutes, till it dries, then wash it off.
We hope you enjoy this post on the homemade tricks to get rid of stretch marks!