- 5 hrs ago Nushrat Bharucha Exudes Eco-Friendly And Boss Lady Vibes In Her Green Pantsuit And We Loved It!
- 5 hrs ago Try This Easy-To-Make Raj Kachori Recipe
- 6 hrs ago Gauahar Khan And Zaid Darbar Flaunt Ethnic Outfits As Gauahar Announces Her Wedding Date
- 7 hrs ago Peppermint Tea: Health Benefits And How To Make
- News Vaccine 1st puts spotlight on German pharma company BioNTech
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan's COP Film: The Location Hunt Is Progressing!
- Education Career Point Star Scholarship 2020: Check Registration And Exam Pattern
- Sports India vs Australia: Switch-hit is within laws, part of game's evolution: Maxwell
- Finance Nearly 40 Small And Midcap Stock Ideas To Create Wealth In The Long Term
- Technology Excitel Revises Broadband Plans; Offering High Speed At Rs. 50
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
- Automobiles Hyundai Kona Electric SUV Recalled In India: Possible Electrical Deficiency In High-Voltage BMS
Is the area down there itchy, red with painful small bumps? Then you have the dreaded groin rashes, which is why we have curated these herbal remedies.
Check the area for the severity of the condition. Is it red, accompanied with a burning sensation? Or is the fold of the groin blistering with slight bleeding?
If there is any bleeding, it is better to consult with a doctor for a prescribed medication. However, if the problem is fairly mild, then here are some homemade remedies for itch in the groin area that can make a difference!
What triggers the jock itch? Being overweight, wearing tight underwear, excessive sweating, lack of personal hygiene and due to weakened immune system, the rashes could appear.
What you need to do? The condition tends to be contagious, so avoid sharing your personal belongings. Wear loose-fitting cotton clothes, and as much as possible, keep the area dry.
Other than that, here are some natural ingredients to treat groin rash that can make a difference.
Tea Tree Oil
Natural antifungal properties of tea tree oil will help relieve itching, cleanse the area and kill the infection-causing bacteria.
Mix 3 drops of pure tea tree oil with a teaspoon of coconut oil. Mix it well. Using a cotton ball, apply it to the affected area, let it naturally get absorbed into the skin. Repeat this remedy twice a day, until the symptoms disappear.
Antioxidants present in aloe vera soothe, heal and reduce the inflammation.
Peel the edge of the aloe vera leaf and slice it in half with a spoon. Then, scoop out the gel. Keep it in the refrigerator to chill for a while. Later, massage it to your skin. Let it get absorbed into the skin fully. Do this every night before going to sleep to treat groin rash naturally.
Antiseptic and antifungal properties of honey will not only reduce the rash, but also soothe any blister, helping the skin to heal faster.
Apply a thin layer of pure honey to the affected area. Let it sit for 30 minutes. Later, rinse the area clean with cold water and gently pat dry. Repeat the herbal remedy for groin rash once a day!
Garlic again is packed with antibacterial properties that can bring a noted difference in treating the groin rash.
Take 5 to 6 garlic pods and fry in half a cup of olive oil. Turn off the heat once the garlic colour changes. Let the oil cool down and strain it. Massage the oil on your rashes. Let it sit for 2 hours and then rinse it clean. Repeat this DIY remedy for jock itch twice a day.
Acidic nature of the vinegar will dry the rashes right off, without irritating your skin.
Mix one part of vinegar with four parts of water. Use this solution to wash your genitals. Do not rinse it with water. Repeat it daily.
Alcohol tends to behave like a strong drying agent, which can treat the rashes, plus it has antifungal properties that can kill microbes that cause the infection.
Dip a cotton ball in alcohol and rub it a few times on the affected area. It will dry off quickly. Repeat a few times daily, until the symptoms vanish.
If you have any more tips on how to treat groin rash naturally, do share with us in the comment section below!