- 1 hr ago Chata, The Cute Munchkin Kitten With The Cutest Sleeping Poses!
- 2 hrs ago On Regina Cassandra's Birthday, Take A Look At Her Impeccable Fashion Sense
- 2 hrs ago Viral: This Adorable Penguin Migrates 8,000 KM Every Year To Meet The Man Who Saved It
- 3 hrs ago Video Of 70-Year-Old Physics Professor From Virginia Doing Crazy Experiments Goes Viral
- Technology Realme Buds Air Massive Leak: Complete Specs And Price Revealed
- Movies Ayushmann Khurrana: 2019 Has Been My Biggest Year
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Finance Nirmala Sitharaman Debuts In Forbes 2019 World's 100 Most Powerful Women List
- News IMA Ponzi scam: ED attaches Rs 10 crore assets in 'Islamic banking or halal investment'
- Sports Rumour Has It: Guardiola has break clause in Manchester City contract
- Automobiles Tata Altroz India Launch Date Confirmed: To Rival The Maruti Suzuki Baleno
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Body rashes appear in the form of red, itchy and flaking skin. Apart from looking bad, they can be really uncomfortable to deal with. Excessive itching can even lead to it becoming inflamed and painful, and sometimes even lead to bleeding. To avoid this situation altogether, it is best to use natural kitchen ingredients for body rashes.
Rashes are usually of a different texture than the rest of the skin. They may have a red, flaky or bumpy texture. There are many reasons for skin rashes, like allergies, skin infections or some that are caused by contact with external agents like poison ivy or poison oak. They may simply be caused by over drying of a particular area of the skin.
Using kitchen ingredients for body rashes is not unheard of, but too many people end up buying a lot of products for rashes, even when the solution usually lies in the kitchen. These ingredients would be safe to use, economical and free of all chemicals.
Here's a list of the best ingredients to treat body rashes at home!
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera is a mucilaginous plant, from which aloe vera gel is derived. It has amazing medicinal and cosmetic properties and is great for treating a lot of skin and hair problems. It provides deep hydration to the skin and cools down the rash to treat itchiness. This continues to be one of the best ingredients for body rashes.
Olive oil is fat obtained from olive trees. This oil is used for hair and skin moisturisation. Massaging this oil on the rash can help the oil penetrate the layers of the skin and provide deep moisture. It is also rich in vitamin E. It is an effective kitchen ingredient used to treat body rashes.
For rashes that are wet and raw from itching, baking soda can be really helpful in drying them out. This is an easy home remedy for body rashes. Apply a paste of baking soda and water on the rash and do not leave it for more than 5 minutes as it could irritate the skin further.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best natural home remedies to treat body rashes. The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar helps soothe the itching and slowly heals the rash. Dip a cotton ball in the vinegar and apply it to the rash. Do this everyday till the rash disappears.
Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E is very beneficial for all types of skin problems and is an effective kitchen ingredient used to treat body rashes. Consuming vitamin E can be really good for people who have dry and patchy skin, but also, the oil from vitamin E capsules can be applied topically to help get rid of the rash by moisturising the area.
Cocoa butter is a natural fat derived from cocoa beans. It is used topically as a completely natural moisturiser. It is one of the strongest moisturisers. So you can be sure that the rash would be healed by it. A bonus is that it smells great. And who doesn't like using great smelling things for the skin?
Oatmeal is great for irritation and inflammation caused by rashes due to it's soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. Grind oatmeal into a fine powder using a blender and mix this into your bath water. Soak in this bath water for 15-20 minutes. Do this everyday to treat rashes.
Crush basil leaves and mix them with olive oil to make a paste. Apply this to the rash to get relief and to soothe the rash. This kitchen ingredient is widely used to treat body rashes.
This is one of the simplest natural home remedies to treat body rashes. Use a cold compress with ice cubes and place it on the rash. The water helps make the rash less flaky while the cold brings down the itchiness and redness.
The citric acid in lemons help to reduce the flakiness caused by rashes. Dab lemon juice on the area using a cotton ball and let it remain for 5-10 minutes and then wash it off.