- 39 min ago On Malavika Mohanan’s Birthday, Her 5 Floral Outfits That Will Leave You Inspired
- 18 hrs ago Zareen Khan, Malaika Arora, Neha Sharma And Genelia Deshmukh Stun Us With Their Awesome Gowns
- 19 hrs ago Panchamrut Recipe: How To Prepare The Auspicious Sweet Prasad Dish At Home
- 20 hrs ago Kamika Ekadashi 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- Finance This Savings Account Offers Up To 6.25% Interest With Health & Wellness Benefits: Check Details
- Movies Urvashi Dholakia Says 'It’s Time People See My Other Shades'; Talks About Her Funny Videos With Her Son
- Technology Free Fire OB29 Update With Lone Wolf Is Here: How To Download, Get Latest Updates
- News Meghalaya SSLC HSSLC result 2021: Date, time and websites to check
- Sports India vs England 1st Test: Stats Preview: Virat Kohli, Ravindra Jadeja, Ashwin eye big records
- Automobiles Car Sales Report For July 2021: Skoda Registers Over 3,000 Units Last Month
- Education CBSE School Wise Result 2021 For Class 10th And 12th At cbseresults.nic.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Manipur In August
Sweet potatoes is one of the nutritious foods which offers countless beauty and health benefits. It is packed with magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, sodium, zinc, copper, biotin, fibre and omega 3 fatty acids. It is also rich in vitamin A, B, C and K and an excellent source of beta-carotene and anthocyanin.
Anthocyanin combats pigmentation and makes the skin look radiant and even provides anti-inflammatory benefits to the skin. On the other hand the anti-inflammatory properties of sweet potatoes fights the free radical damage and prevents premature ageing.
Sweet potatoes are considered as one of the miracle foods for a healthy skin. The nutrients present in it benefits the skin and nourishes the skin from within keeping all skin problems at bay. In this article, we have listed out a few beauty benefits of sweet potatoes. Read on to know more.
Treats Oily Skin
Sweet potatoes has the ability to cure oily skin. Boil sweet potatoes, mash it, add a tablespoonful of honey and apply it on the entire face. Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water to get rid of oily skin.
Cures Cracked Heels
Sweet potatoes is the best ingredient to treat dry feet and cracked heels. Soak your feet in water in which the sweet potatoes were boiled. Leave it for a few minutes. This procedure will help in getting rid of cracked heals naturally.
Eliminates Dark Circles
Anthocyanin present in sweet potatoes reduces the pigmentation and its anti-inflammatory property helps to get rid of dark circles, wrinkles and puffy eyes. Just place two slices of sweet potatoes on your eyes or make a paste and apply it under the eyes.
Prevents Premature Ageing
Sweet potatoes rejuvenates dry skin and fights all signs of ageing. Make a paste of sweet potato, add a tablespoonful of honey and milk each. Apply this mixture on skin and rinse with warm water to prevent premature ageing.
Sweet potato deeply moisturises the skin. Blend one tablespoonful of yoghurt and sweet potato together. Apply this mixture on your face and rinse after sometime.
Treats Dry Hair
Sweet potato deeply nourishes hair. The nutrients present in it acts as a perfect hair mask. Mix equal quantities of yoghurt, honey, almond oil and sweet potatoes. Apply this mixture on face. Rinse after sometime.
Promotes Hair Growth
Vitamin A or beta-carotene present in sweet potato is an ideal hair tonic. Consuming it on a daily basis adds natural shine to hair and cures many hair problems like dull, damaged hair and dandruff.