- 9 min ago Daily Horoscope, 30 September 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 10 hrs ago Navratri 2022 Day 9: Deepika Padukone To Sara Ali Khan, Pink Navratri Outfit Ideas From Bollywood Divas
- 11 hrs ago Actor Dheeraj Dhoopar Speaks About His New Hairstyle In Sherdil Shergill
- 11 hrs ago Amazon Great Indian Festival: Bring Gym To Your Home, Upto 70% Off On Gym Equipment
- Movies Ponniyin Selvan-1 Twitter Review: Netizens Pour In Their Opinions On Mani Ratnam's Epic Period Film
- News Monsoon has withdrawn from Delhi: IMD
- Sports Legends League Cricket: India Capitals grab sole lead after crushing victory over Manipal Tigers
- Finance Buy This Multibagger Large Cap Pharma Stock, Target Price Rs 1,724: Anand Rathi
- Technology Vodafone Idea and OnePlus Partner to Drive 5G Ecosystem in India
- Automobiles GT Force Launches GT Soul Vegas & GT Drive Pro Electric Scooters - Prices Start At Rs 47K
- Education What are tactical nuclear weapons? An international security expert explains and assesses what they mean for t
- Travel Cathar Castle Hike: A Stunning Castle Trail To Explore
Olivia Newton-John, the British-Born Australian singer and actor, died on Monday, Augsut 8, at the age of 73, according to a post on her social media accounts. She "passed away peacefully" in Southern California while surrounded by her family and friends, the post said. Newton-John was famed for her role as Sandy in the 1978 musical film Grease, alongside actor John Travolta.
Her career spanned more than five decades, although she became devoted to charities after being diagnosed with breast cancer in 1992.
'Winning over' cancer
"Olivia has been a symbol of triumphs and hope for over 30 years sharing her journey with breast cancer," the post on her social media said. Over the years, she dedicated several albums and shows to raise funds for research and early detection of breast cancer. "I don't like to say 'battled'," she told Australia's Channel Seven TV in 2018, after revealing she had been diagnosed with cancer for a third time. "I like to say 'win over', because 'battled' sets up this anger and inflammation that you don't want."
Besides establishing research facilities, she also advocated for plant medicine and using medicinal cannabis in cancer treatments.
Looking back at her career, Newton-John told Reader's Digest last year: "I have done everything, and the icing on the cake as well. "So I feel grateful for anything that happens now."
fb/nm (Reuters, AFP, dpa)
- art cultureFrench-Swiss Film Director Jean-Luc Godard No More: Tribute To The Legend
- fashionVenice Film Festival 2022: Penelope Cruz, Timothée Chalamet, Olivia Wilde - Best Red Carpet Fashion
- art cultureThe Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power Series - Back To Middle Earth
- fashionVenice Film Festival 2022: Julianne Moore, Cate Blanchett - Best Celebrity Red Carpet Fashion
- fashionMTV VMAs 2022: 10 Best Dressed Celebrities At The Black Carpet
- make up tipsKylie Jenner’s Everyday Makeup Guide: 7 Steps And Just 10 Minutes
- skin careDakota Johnson Skincare Routine: The Hollywood Star’s Extremely Simple Drill
- fashionAnne Heche - Decoding The Late Actress' ‘Effortless’ Style
- art cultureDustin Hoffman Birthday Special Irresistibly Versatile Actor Turns 85
- art cultureBirthday Special: Harrison Ford, Of Star Wars, Blade Runner And Indiana Jones Series, Turns 80
- womenCannes Film Festival's First Female President: Iris Knobloch
- art cultureThe OG Joker: A Look At Oscar Award-Winning Actor Jack Nicholson's Journey