Prawns fat content is about 1.75 gms, protein is about 20-24 gms and 100 gms mineral content. This is why prawns have nutritional benefits. Lets take a look at the benefits this seafood offer to us.
Lets check out the health benefits of prawns:
1.Omega 3 fatty acids in prawn is good for the heart. It prevents the heart from diseases and also circulatory problems. These fatty acids lowers triglyceride level which is why prawns are healthy for the heart.
2. Prawns health benefits is also due to its rich content of selenium which prevents the growth of cancer cells therefore protecting the body from cancer.
3. The fatty acids in prawns reduces and prevents the body against Alzheimer's disease and dementia.
4. One of the health benefits of prawn is it maintains good cardiovascular health due to its high content in vitamin B12 contributes to better cardiovascular regulation.
5. Calcium and vitamin E content in prawns maintains healthy skin, teeth and bones.
6. Proteins in prawns provides body growth and development.
The calories in prawn is less when compared to meat and beef. Moreover the nutritional benefits of prawns make it healthy for the body while adding taste to the food. Enjoy the nutritional and health benefits of prawn.