Want a rice recipe that can be made in minutes and is yet tasty and nutritious? Here is fried rice recipe for the purpose. We will prepare fried rajma rice in the Indian style. The process of cooking and most of the flavours used in this fried rice recipe will be Indian. And most importantly, this fried rice recipe is rich in both proteins and carbohydrates.
In order to make this fried rajma rice we need some rajma( red kidney beans), vegetables (of your choice), corn etc. Fried rajma rice is also a very quick recipe and can be made within minutes. So, no matter if you are tired after a day's work or have very little time for preparing a main course, then try making fried rajma rice.
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
- Rajma (red kidney beans)- 1½ cup
- Basmati Rice- 500gms
- Cardamom- 2
- Capsicum- 1 (finely chopped)
- Red Bell Peppers- 1 (finely chopped)
- Green Peas- 1 cup
- Corn- 1 cup
- Coriander Leaves- 4-5tbsp (finely chopped)
- Black Pepper Powder- ½ tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder- ½ tbsp
- Sugar- 1tsp
- Lemon Juice- 1tbsp
- Soy Sauce- 1-2tbsp
- Vegetable Oil- 4-5tbsp
- Salt- To taste
- Soak the rajma overnight in a bowlful of water and then pressure cook it for 5-6 whistles the next day. Keep it aside.
- Take the rice in a pressure cooker, just add water double the amount of rice and let it whistle for once over a medium flame. Keep it aside.
- Now take a deep bottomed frying pan over the gas oven and add the vegetable oil to it. Add the cardamom, cinnamon and cloves to the oil. Stir it on a low flame for a minute.
- Add the capsicum, red bell peppers, peas, corn, coriander leaves, rajma and some salt to it. Fry well for 2-3 minutes on a low flame.
- Now add the black pepper powder, red chilli powder, sugar, lemon juice and soy sauce to it. Stir for 2-3 minutes on a low flame and add the rice.
- Stir all the ingredients of the pan for 3-4 minutes and then turn off the gas oven.
- Your fried rajma rice is now ready to be served.
Serve this Indian recipe hot with any gravy preparation and a salad.