Masala kulcha is actually a kind of Indian bread recipe blended with a range of spices and a stuffing. This is actually a North Indian recipe that is usually served with pickles or some other side dish. A masala kulcha is stuffed with potatoes, spices and onions. But you can easily experiment with the stuffing of this Indian flat bread and even add some tomatoes or corn to the traditional stuffing. But here we will go with the conventional kulcha recipe and make lovely mouth watering masala kulchas.
This kulcha recipe can be made to suit any occasion or day. All are fond of this Indian bread recipe alike. Try this kulcha recipe at home and feed your loved ones with this amazing dish coming out of your kitchen.
Masala Kulcha Recipe
Preparation Time: 3 hours
For The Masala Kulcha
- Plain Flour- 500-600gms
- Yoghurt- 3tbsp
- Milk- 1 cup (lukewarm)
- Yeast- 1 ½ tsp
- Baking Powder- ½ tsp
- Ghee- 2-3tbsp
- Salt- To taste
For The Filling
- Potatoes- 5-6
- Onions- 3-4(finely chopped)
- Green Chilli Paste- 1tsp
- Ginger Paste-1tsp
- Vegetable Oil or Ghee- 2-3tbsp
- Salt-To taste
For The Yeast
- Sprinkle the yeast in warm water and add 1tsp of sugar to it. Leave it for ten minutes.
- Now add ½ tsp of lemon juice to it. Your yeast is ready.
For The Masala Kulcha
- Take the flour in a large bowl. Add the yoghurt, milk, sugar, baking powder, 1tbsp ghee and some salt to it.
- Now add some water and the yeast to the same mixture. Prepare a dough and leave it to rest for at least two hours.
- Keep a frying pan over a gas oven and boil the potatoes. Peel them off and mix the onions, green chilli paste, ginger paste and some salt with it.
- Now take the dough and make small balls out of it. Make a small hole inside each ball and stuff the potato filling into it.
- Roll each ball into small disc-like shaped kulchas.
- Now take another frying pan and add the remaining ghee to it.
- Fry them on the pan until they turn slightly golden in colour.
Serve the masala kulchas hot with pickles or any other side dish. This Indian bread recipe will fetch you many compliments for sure. There can be no bigger satisfaction for a cook than being appreciated.