Dosa is one of the most opted breakfast recipes in India. Especially, down South, dosa is a staple food. The salty and spicy dosas are the Indian version of pancakes. This famous breakfast dish has been recently counted as one of the top 10 foods that you must try before you die. There are many ways to make dosa. You can either make it plain or add few masala as a filling inside the crisp dosa. Prepare dosas at home or enjoy it hot with sambhar and chutney in the street stalls.
If you want to make a healthy and filling breakfast at home, try
the paneer dosa recipe. The dish is made with the paneer stuffing
and can be a tasty breakfast idea.
Paneer dosa recipe:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- Rice- 3 cups
- Black gram lentil/urad dal- 1 cup
- Potatoes- 3-4 (boiled)
- Paneer- ½ cup (grated)
- Onions- 3 (chopped)
- Green chillies- 3-4 (chopped)
- Mustard seeds- 1tsp
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Fenugreek seeds- 1tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Curry leaves- 6-7
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil- ½ cup
- Butter- ½ cup
- Soak rice, urad dal and fenugreek seeds in water overnight.
- In the morning, grind it into a fine batter. Use little water if required.
- Sprinkle salt and mix well. Leave the batter for 4-5 hours.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves. When they splutter, add onions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Now add paneer, mashed potatoes, turmeric powder, green chillies and red chilli powder. Cook for 1 minute. Put the pan off flame for stuffing.
- Heat a tawa (griddle). Spread 2tsp butter or oil on its surface and then pour 1tbsp batter. Spread it to make a round roti. Make sure you do not create holes in between.
- Now pour little oil on the corners of the dosa so that it doesn't stick on the tawa. Cook on low flame for a few seconds.
- Gently flip on the other side and then cook. Stuff the dosa with the prepared paneer masala. Roll the dosa and take it off flame when it looks golden brown.
- Wipe the tawa with onion or water and then pour next tbsp of the batter. Repaet the same process.
Paneer dosa is ready to eat. Serve it hot with coconut chutney and sambhar.