Maggi is one of the favourite dishes of both kids and adults. Be it a toddler, school kid, teen or an old person, we all love to have maggi. It is such a dish that we love to prepare for breakfast, lunch, evening snack or dinner.
People who stay alone in mess survive on maggi. Ask hostel or pg students and you would get the answer. Maggi is the only food they love to hog.
There are many methods to prepare maggi. While boiling is the classic recipe, people have modified it with their creative cooking skills. If you want to prepare a different type of maggi using vegetables, then try this recipe.
Maggi with vegetables, yummy snack recipe:
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Maggi- 2 packets (200gms)
- Onions- 2 (finely chopped)
- Capsicum- 1 (sliced)
- Carrot- 1 (finely chopped)
- Tomato- 1 (finely chopped)
- Paneer- 3-4 small cubes
- Green chillies- 4-5 (finely chopped)
- Garlic- 6-8 pods(mashed)
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Oregano- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil- 2tsp
- Water- 2 cups
- Heat oil in a frying pan. When the oil heats up, sprinkle cumin seeds.
- Add onions, garlic and saute for few seconds.
- Now add capsicum and carrot. Saute and let it cook on medium flame for 2-3 minutes (till the vegetables become tender).
- Add the cut paneer cubes, green chillies and tomato. Sprinkle salt, oregano and cook.
- Meanwhile, break the maggi slabs.
- Add water in the pan and bring it to boil.
- Sprinkle maggi masala that comes inside the packet.
- Now add the broken maggi into the vegetable pan and let it boil. Stir at short intervals and cook on medium flame for 2 minutes. When the maggi absorbs the water, take the pan off flame.
Maggi masala with vegetables is ready. Serve it hot with tomato ketchup.