Bhurji is a famous Indian style of making sabji. This dry sabji is very popular in Bihar and UP. There are many methods to make bhurji. Bhurji is made with potatoes, brinjal and eggs. You can have bhurjis with hot rotis for breakfast or for lunch. If you want, you can make bread bhurji too. This breakfast recipe can be made using several ingredients like green vegetables and whole Indian spices. You can have it for breakfast or use it as a snack. Either ways, it is good to serve on your plate. Moreover, the recipe can be made in just 20 minutes! What are you waiting for. Try this recipe at home and start your day with a filling breakfast.
Bread vegetable bhurji recipe:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Bread slices- 8-10 (cut in cubes)
- Curd- 1 cup
- Onion- 2 (chopped)
- Tomato- 1 (chopped)
- Green chillies- 3 (chopped)
- Ginger- 1 inch (grated)
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Lemon juice- 2tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil- 1tbsp
- Coriander leaves- 2tbsp (chopped)
- Sev- 2tbsp
- Onion rings
- In a bowl, combine curd with turmeric powder and salt. Whisk and keep aside, you can add little water to make it thin.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add cumin seeds when the pan is hot.
- Add bread cut into cubes in the curd bowl and coat them. When the cumin seeds start to splutter, add onions, grated ginger and green chillies. Saute and cook on medium flame for 2 minutes.
- After that, add the tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes. Now sprinkle salt and add bread cubes with curd mixture and mix well. Stir and cook on low flame for 2 minutes till the bread turns golden brown.
- When the bread slices look cooked and the curd thickens, put the pan off flame.
Garnish the bread bhurji with coriander leaves, sev and onion rings. You can have this special Indian bhurji with plain rotis or use it as a stuffing for your sandwich. This is a filling breakfast and tasty too! What do you think? Share your ideas with us.