Most non-vegetarians think that salad recipes are boring because they always contain just vegetables. Not every salad is a green salad. Meat salads also has just as much nutrients as green salads. But, non-vegetarian salad recipes take time to prepare as the meat cooks slowly.
If you are a busy professional and a sworn non-vegetarian, then you could opt for the sausage salad.
Sausage is processed meat or cold cuts as they are called. The cooking time for a meat salad reduces substantially when you use sausages instead of raw meat. If you are on a diet, then you simply must have this easy and quick salad recipe up your sleeve.
Ingredients For Sausage Salad:
- Chicken sausages 4 (boiled or smoked)
- Onion 1 (sliced and rings separated)
- Iceberg lettuce 4 leaves
- Carrots 2 (chopped)
- Bell peppers or capsicum 1 (diced)
- Green chillies 2 (slit)
- Pepper 1tsp
- Sweet vinegar 1tbsp
- Salad dressing 1tbsp
- Virgin olive oil 1tbsp
- Salt as per taste
Procedure For Sausage Salad:
1. Boil the sausage in hot water for 2-4 minutes. You can also cook it in the microwave grill for 5 minutes at 60 per cent power.
2. Chop the sausages into 4 equal pieces and keep aside.
3. Chop the vegetables as per the sausage salad recipe. Put them in a mixing bowl.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Drizzle vinegar, salad dressing (of your choice) and olive oil. Toss the vegetables with 2 spoons to mix the ingredients.
5. Arrange the lettuce leaves on a plate. Serve all the vegetables on the lettuce leaves. Spread the sausage on top of the salad.
You can garnish your sausage salad with fresh mint twigs. This should provide you with a wholesome meal that will serve as your lunch or dinner. You can team it up with a bit of brown bread and soup to have a healthy and low fat diet.